5v5 All Same Champion Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The19thFighter

08-10-2013

Hi dear support, I have some questions to the ongoing 5v5 Same Champ problem
1. Do you think the current difficulties come from people playing with that unreleased ruleset,
2. Do you really play on perma-banning all people which hosted those games, that would be quite much, also don't forget they wouldn't host it if it wouldn't be fun.
3. If you can locate people which played this game with modifications, why not simply hinder them on starting the game.
4. Why not pre-release it?
5. Do people which used e.g LoLReplay or a patcher to let it run on Linux and joined into these 5v5 rooms, without hosting them, also get banned?
6. I hope you unban them after releasing the pick mode offically, I can fully understand it, if it causes Server problems, and why did it get on Live anyway?
Thank you for reading
Greets
The19thFighter

Cypherous

08-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thFighter View Post
Hi dear support, I have some questions to the ongoing 5v5 Same Champ problem
I shall answer what i feel i can :P

Quote:
1. Do you think the current difficulties come from people playing with that unreleased ruleset,
Nope i think its just an issue that they are playing something that they weren't meant to have and that it could cause damage to both client and server
Quote:
2. Do you really play on perma-banning all people which hosted those games, that would be quite much, also don't forget they wouldn't host it if it wouldn't be fun.
Hosting this mode requires you to modify the client, this is an EULA violation, this is whats being banned for and yes i think its completely fair to ban people breaking the rules

Quote:
3. If you can locate people which played this game with modifications, why not simply hinder them on starting the game.
Because the hinderence would be bypassed, they aren't using legitimate methods to enable this game mode in the first place, aslong as it remains in the client there will be ways to find it

Quote:
4. Why not pre-release it?
From what i understand it can cause crashes on the server, this would be something unacceptable to release as it can affect users outside of that game

Quote:
5. Do people which used e.g LoLReplay or a patcher to let it run on Linux and joined into these 5v5 rooms, without hosting them, also get banned?
I dont do player support but from what i understand its most likely the hosting that is getting you banned as a legit client can "join" the games once created, you do however need a modified client to "start" them

Quote:
6. I hope you unban them after releasing the pick mode offically, I can fully understand it, if it causes Server problems, and why did it get on Live anyway?
There is lots of unreleased/unused content in the client, its easier to disable it than to try and remove it, especially when some of the code that it has could be used by existing game modes and removing it would cause more problems than it solves

The19thFighter

08-10-2013

Thanks for answering, but as far as my understanding goes, point 5 isn't quite right.
As far as I know you get the client to send a message to the server telling him to choose a mode which normally isn't available to select through vanilla client (Or at least that's how I think it has been done). There is just as much hacking in it like in LoLReplay (or even less) also I think once the mode is selected you can switch the host (first hoster creates room, goes out, second player gets host, where is traitor now?). As soon as the mode isn't load from client side (through a config in his folder), the host can swap, also if it would be how you say, it would be an even bigger security issue since loading a ruleset from an user is even more insecure.