Whats the best choice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FRAGR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2010

Hi guys, I have a problem, I bought Kennen 3 days ago, but it wasnt that what I expected for 6300... I mean its a good champion but I dont like to play this kind of champ. For me Kennen is a supporter because he doesnt deal great damage, he needs 3 mark of the storms to stun the opponnent. Now I want to try other champions which costs 6300 which : -deals great damage (better than kennen of course), -is ranged -is mage. I tryed Kog'Maw and that champ isnt for me so dont tell me to choose it. Thanks for answers. Greez FRAGR.

barokas

07-07-2010

Your description screams Anivia.
Ranged, mage, great bursts of damage. Takes times to master, though.

God of Battle

07-07-2010

Karthus could be worth a try, he is ranged (his ultimate is even ranged over the whole map ), he is a caster and he deals great damage for sure. As soon as you get a bit used to hitting with your Lay Waste and the extremely usefull wall, you are ready to melt faces.

If 6300 IP-cost is not mandatory and you haven't tried her yet, I suggest you have a look at Annie as well. Imo, she is the strongest caster ingame, and very much fun to play as well.

Zodyr

07-07-2010

First of all, costing more doesn't make the hero "better" ( wtv that means )
Second, kennen has low dmg ? all his skills are nukes and 3 of them are aoe. Along with a nuke that's also an escape/initiating/chasing move, yeah he sucks.

PewPewLazorz

07-07-2010

Anivia - Fiddle - Karthus - Annie - Malzahar - Ryze

They differ a little bit in their playstyle, can you tell us more about what you are looking for ?

For instance, Anivia, great overall damage, Malzahar, good damage over time but not so bursty and hard to master, Annie, great burst damage, Ryze is more of a ganker, Fiddle requires good timing but can destroy teamfights, Karthus, may be the lane dominator among these guys -> solo mid (or at least it's what I think, but I didn't play this guy too much)

Cyanr

07-07-2010

Fiddlesticks can be absolutely devastating. In 5v5 teamfights you'll find yourself making the enemy flee in horror and it's not too uncommon to get triple kills.

A well-timed E spell(The one with only one crow) can also completely devastate the enemy. Along with a Drain which makes you pretty much unharrasable, and against noob shacos you'll find yourself casually draining their life away when they are trying to gank you.

FRAGR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2010

PewPew, I played anivia and this champ definitly isnt for me, I already have Ryze and Fiddlesticks, my play style? Hmm, doing a big damage in not long time, Definitly I'm playing offensive style

Saviour Star

07-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodyr View Post
First of all, costing more doesn't make the hero "better" ( wtv that means )
Second, kennen has low dmg ? all his skills are nukes and 3 of them are aoe. Along with a nuke that's also an escape/initiating/chasing move, yeah he sucks.
His damage is sub-par if you compare to the "pure mages" in the game - his Health is becoming of a hit-and-run Champion, as are the functions of his abilities, but his ability damage doesn't add up to the same level and that being made up by reasonable off-damage in his "okay" autoattack does not help. He just doesn't have the survivability to sit there and whack away in his down-period during a teamfight.

Jaylin

07-07-2010

Personally, I had tons of fun with Anivia - Good damage, plenty of CC to help you chase or get away (2 slows, a stun and a FREAKING WALL), useful passive (free Guardian Angel passive), low CD ult, the list goes on. People say she's hard to play, but I had little trouble. She's one of the three champs I'd like to buy at the moment.

Malzahar was also pretty cool, though a lot harder to play. Practically no CC, no escape moves, eats mana like crazy. But if you pull him off, he's pretty solid. Also, his ulti is getting buffed soon from what I hear.

Annie... well... a lot of people like her, but I find her one of the LEAST fun champs to play. She's got good burst and the potential for an AoE stun, but there are quite a few problems. Juggling her passive stacks to get the stun off is annoying. Nothing more frustrating than having a big fat minion wave coming right for you but you can only AA because you're saving your stacked passive. Also, no escape mechanism, no reliable CC, slow, squishy. Basically, utterly dependant on your team.

Fiddle is great once you learn him. A fear, a silence, self-heal and one of the most devastating ultis in the game. What else can I say exc... CAWCAWCAWCAWCAW!!!

Karthus I never got to play, but I've seen people pull some amazing things with him. Lay Waste is awesome for farming and harass. Defile + Ryali = Field of Slowing Death and his Wall is annoying. His ult will make many players rage endlessly. Another of the champs I have my eye on.

RedMercury

07-07-2010

Kennen deals much damage and 3 marks is easy - Electric surge passive - lightning rush - electric surge active = stun... no problem