game crash / bug splat report

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

d0nny

27-05-2010

hi everyone,

my game crashs nearly every game and i have no idea why.
it seems as if everything runs fine and then immediately crashs to desktop and bug splat report pops up. i already refreshed my system including getting a new vid card / new ram / new os.
i am stumped.
PLEASE help me if you can

Attached a screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bug splat.jpg
Views:	13248
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	153  

Beiz

28-05-2010

Happens to me all the time too since 2 patches back. Odd thing is that it's so irregular that I can't pin-point the issue. It can crash while I'm idling while dead. It can crash while I'm headed back to base. It can crash mid-combat. It can crash anytime!

I usually end up crashing 3 times a game. thankfully, now with Riot, I don't have to restart the client and wait 6 minutes to log in so that I can return to the game, so at least it only takes like a minute to get back now.. I actually quit, "permanently", but the day after Riot announced the change, so I stuck around. Thank you Riot.

I did also update my video drivers, this was right before the patch, 2 patches ago, and I didn't play a game until said patch, so it might be related to the drivers as well.

Beiz

28-05-2010

Actually, yesterday and today it has crashed over 8 times each game, it can crash the second i get in, like 30 seconds after i get in, and on rare occassions, not at all. and today, it crashed during load-up.

but 90% of the time, the game WILL crash. and it's starting to get a bit frustrating, considering I bought it, and have spent quite a lot on combat points etc.

Note: I did change my graphic drivers, so the graphic drivers are unrelated to this issue unless the new ones are just as bad. It has to be something with the latest patch that just doesn't want to work with my game.

WantedRiP

29-05-2010

my client keeps crashing when i go to enter a game

Beiz

30-05-2010

I haven't had any crashes today. Only 3 games though, interesting...

Beiz

30-05-2010

4th game crashed twice, 5th game crashed err.. 5 times...? The crashes just increases with the amounts of games I play per day

I hope my spamming at the Splat gets some attention, albeit it's usually whine because the crash happens just as I'm about to finish someone off, OR, right as I've clicked from base to their base, OR, 1-30 seconds after finally reconnected :P

EDIT:
I'm considering quitting again, seriously, during the GOA time, I couldn't stand the crash issue due to the 1-4 minutes login time and the need to restart the client 1-2 times due to "Session Closed" every time it crashed. Now I don't need to restart the client (well, not all the time, but it sometimes shows the "not responding" error message), but it really sucks all the fun out of the game to crash at important moments, like, when you just teleport to a tower to save it, or when you're just about to fire off that spell to finish someone (and when you return, that certain player with a death sentence survived, and killed you), etc.

The crashes weren't prevalent prior to May month, and LoL is the only application on my system with said specific issue. I have done no application installations or had any performance issues in any software besides LoL, therefor, I am assuming it's related solely to LoL and it's Engine.

Some feedback or suggestions would be cool. Seriously...

Beiz

30-05-2010

Update: The last crash gave me two URLs:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=2372
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=4562
The first one that has any relevance would suggest an "airfoil" dll file, no clue what it is, so I'm going to assume that I do not have said application installed, especially since it wasn't under installed software, nor could any such file be found on my system.

The second one speaks of crash during load, which isn't relevant, and only happened once, of which I assume is related to all other crashes.

None the less, I would like to add that my installation of LoL was through Impulse client (purchased collectors via Stardock). I have re-downloaded the official installation file, and un-installed > re-installed Adobe AIR - so let's see if this solves anything.

Rhui

30-05-2010

Im having the same issue since 2 patches back.
I've reinstalled LOL + Adobe AIR without any success.
I've formated my drives and reinstalled everything, windows, drivers, etc from scratch, still no success.
Im starting to get very frustrated regarding this, so a sollution would be warmly welcome.

Rhui

30-05-2010

I've tried just about everything i can try now, and nothing works. It still crashes like crazy nomatter what character i play. This is getting so bad its not fun to play anymore.

Rhui

03-06-2010

The crashes are now happening so often its not even worth trying to play....
Best streak now is 3 crashes in a row without even seeing my hero.

12345 ... 8