Can I get demoted from SIlver V to Bronze 1?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

karting29

08-09-2013

Hey Guys,

I play ranked and i'm not the best but I can win about 40% of my games, (most lost because of toxic behavior from others). I would like to know when in Silver V can I get demoted to Bronze 1 as I need to know because I want the silver rewards for Season 3, please can someone explain this to me I've heard the only way you can get demoted is by being inactive, thanks guys!

Luke

Per

08-09-2013

Yep, the only way to get demoted from silver to bronze is through inactivity.

Tremere

08-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by perplupp View Post
Yep, the only way to get demoted from silver to bronze is through inactivity.
Wait, really? that seems weird, it would make sense for unskilled players to get demoted, I'm not sure why that's not the case.

Rokujo

09-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Râtmân View Post
Wait, really? that seems weird, it would make sense for unskilled players to get demoted, I'm not sure why that's not the case.
Yeah I am pretty sure people don't get demoted past V of where they are unless inactive. I know some players who lose a lot but stay in their Silver V

Saumer

09-09-2013

It's written in the Ranked Games FAQs. (You can find them inside the client.)

After 4 weeks of inactivity (28 days) you will lose a number of League Points. It depends from your league.
Bronze 0 points, Silver 10 points, Gold 20 points if i remember.
From then every week you will lose the same amount.
If you play a game it resets the inactivity time.

If you are in the division 5 at 0 points, the inactivity will take you down to the league below.
Silver V 0 points -> Bronze 1.

This is the only way to go down.
If you are at Silver 5, Gold 5 or whatever at 0 points you won't go down, even losing all the games until the end of the season.

Starcraftzwei

09-09-2013

You can still drop in Elo however, which is way more annoying. Imagine being Silver 5, trying to rise, getting 3 points for a win and losing 20+ for a loss.

xNEXIGEN

09-09-2013

Yep this is all true, but if u keep losing most of your games your MMR, (hidden match making rating) will be very low so it'd be hard for you too reach higher tiers