So my avast considers lolclient.exe as malware.

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeMaq

02-09-2013

@topic, is there anything to be afraid of? Did my lolclient.exe get infected or is it just a bug? Not sure if there was recently any update to LoL or Avast. The file got blocked by Avast when I tried to launch the game, just 5 minutes ago. Earlier in the day (like 3 hours ago) everything was fine. I'm really confused.

EDIT: To be more precise, it was clasified: "FileRepMalware" and got automatically deleted. Now I can't even run my LoL anymore! What should I do?

Alcik

02-09-2013

I have exactly the same problem around 5 min ago. I removed lol from the avast quarantine list. Still the game can't start. I even disabled avast to see if ot worsk. It doesn't something about kernel stopped working. I am really really confused.

LeMaq

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcik View Post
I have exactly the same problem around 5 min ago. I removed lol from the avast quarantine list. Still the game can't start. I even disabled avast to see if ot worsk. It doesn't something about kernel stopped working. I am really really confused.
From what I see, the "lolclient.exe" file has completely disappeared from my lol folder. Jesus, that's so goddamn confusing :P I'm running repair right now.

Alcik

02-09-2013

I can press play at the launcher, but then nothing happens. THe proccess lollauncher.exe is working. REALLY REALLY strange. Started from avast info on malvare...

Blauk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Hi guys,

I have the seem issues, but I'm confident this is a false positive.

If you like me want to take the risk to run LoL despite the warning, and really you do it at your own risks, you have to restore the file (maintenance tab, virus chest in Avast) and you also have to declare an exclusion rule on the file (Security tab > Antivirus > File System Shield > Settings > Exclusions, and add the path to the file).

Good luck

LeMaq

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcik View Post
I can press play at the launcher, but then nothing happens. THe proccess lollauncher.exe is working. REALLY REALLY strange. Started from avast info on malvare...
Yes, exactly my case too.

Xinistrom

02-09-2013

have this probelm too

Such Pro Wow

02-09-2013

Yea, mine was just deleted. Worst bit is that it was deemed as "too unsafe" to even keep in the virus chest. So Avast has completely removed the file. Looks like I will have to try to repair, otherwise I will need a complete re-install...

TheCoccolino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Same problem here... pretty strange

Gluteklol

02-09-2013

Ive got the same problem.

12345 ... 8