Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Suggestion Forum Guidelines

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Monstr

Recruiter

10-16-2013

no fair I was working on a digging type champ aswell
Although my idea's a bit different. I might still post it at some point

Deamonstone

Recruiter

10-17-2013

Lol, make a yordle in a drilling mech xD

Idk if that occured anywhere else, didn't check. Just saw a mole and a miner in 2 other posts ^^

SubjectSeven

10-17-2013

Digging Yordle, I made that about a year or more ago :P though i'm not particularly fond of my "Kina"

smolo97

10-25-2013

I think you shoud make Vicent the shadow for a new champion. I think it will fit in quite well as gangplanks dad

Sheeyo

10-27-2013

nice

NekoNecroSven

10-31-2013

Seriously, what's up with the limited BB code. I can't even make a table for my hero. Dota's forum is outdated as hell but even there you have more editing options. Come on guys, please add more BBcode. It's going to help out the community a ton!

SuperJonM

11-04-2013

Hey. Since there are issues with people posting balance threads on this forum even though stated in this guideline that it is meant to be a new item/champion creation suggestion forum, i just want to point out a root to the problem (since nobody seemed to have commented this in this thread):

In the official League of Legends support FAQ, riot refers to this forum for both champion and item balance suggestions. Maybe if a forum moderator asked Riot to link the correct forum for balance issues, there wouldn't be the need of asking people to relocate their threads.

In the official player support FAQ, Riot refers to this forum under the headings:
- __________*****____ is super OP and needs to be nerfed. (champion balance issues)
- Guardian Angel has a really long cooldown. (item balance issues)

Keep up the good work.

Klokwerk

11-20-2013

...a champion suggestion but I can't find the post button... >.O #battlebunneh

http://kogwerksweb.co.uk/lold-tai-the-battle-bunneh

Gloryix

11-20-2013

Hello (This is regarding an existing champion),

I always wondered a lot about Hecarim. I was curious to see what you guys thought about him when you made the changes to him back a few months ago. I use to main Hecarim for a very long time, he was my favorite jungler. I just thought he had a unique play style compared to the other junglers. However, some of the changes you guys changed about him were understandable but some I personally think was a little too much I believe. I daily watch streamers in Diamond 1/Challenger who main junglers, and have constantly said how Hecarim got the most changes "nerfs", out of all the junglers in season 3. So I believe the first change to him was his CD on W after he came out. That was understandable due to his high sustain in jungle that could be increased with utility masteries as well. It was reasonable to do that. Additionally, you guys slightly balanced his ultimate damage which also made sense, since he did huge amounts of damage early, so it was fair to that.

However, the most troubling change, was in 3rd patch that you've made changes to him in a row. You've increased his mana cost on Q from 25 at all levels to 40 at max level. Although this seems like a small and insignificant change, it counts as a lot in the long run. Now, on level 3 (after getting buffs), you can see that his W and E have an extremely long CD even with blue buff. On level 6, his ultimate has a reasonable CD. But, his Q has a relatively short CD which requires one to spam it in order to either clear the jungle or do overtime damage to a champion.

Now, I think it's a little too excessive to move his mana cost from 25 from all levels to 40 on maxed level since Hecarim uses this ability as if it was an auto attack. It is his main source of damage. I've calculated some jungle clears without blue buff, and it's almost impossible to clear it reasonably fast and at the same time have enough amount of mana to do an "all in" gank. I really just wondered why he was changed or "nerfed" 3 consecutive times, when he wasn't even played that much in competitive play or "LCS". But, I do agree with you that some of his changes were necessary.

I just don't find the logic in the last and most recent change to him, since his source of being is his Q. His W and E already have little impact and have a high CD. I too believe Hecarim got the most changes in Season 3. However, if you compare him with Vi/Shyvana etc (who clear extremely quickly and have a huge impact in fights), he can easily get outmatched early/mid game by them. His mana just doesn't last after a full jungle clear, it's almost a must to have blue buff at all times early/mid game on him, which mainly puts your mid laner behind due to HIS high mana/energy costs.

Now I know some people will object this argument to comparing Hecarim with Evelynn, and how they both are similar in the sense that it is fair to keep Hecarim as he is. First, Hecarim is an ad melee with a short range Q and is most likely best to build him tanky. Now Evelynn, on the other hand, scales very well with AP, and so building her ap is very reasonable. With Hecarim, you are forced to spam Q in order to do some decent damage OVERTIME. However, after building some ap with Evelynn, it doesn't require you to spam as much to do some reasonable damage. Hecarim requires several Q's, to be able to get his CD relatively low. Most importantly, Evelynn has a stable CD, which is 1.5 sec, but Hecarim has an unstable CD on Q which varies from 4-2 sec (still a longer CD than eve). My point is... that they aren't as similar as you vaguely think.

With season 4 coming up, it seems that junglers who clear quicker would have the edge and the amount of money to carry, I just simply think it is unfair to change a jungler who wasn't that popular in competetive play 3 times in a row, to virtually make him extremely risky to play if you get a little behind compared to junglers like lee sin/elise/shyvana/vi/jarvan etc. I just wanted to hear your view on it, and whether you agree with me or not.

Thank you very much for your time,
Best Regards, Gloryix

Fl0ppsY

Recruiter

11-23-2013

I have made a champion and would like if anyone could check him out
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=14040014#post14040014