Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unofficial LoL Tournament In Iran Doesn't Allow Players To Pick Most Female Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shunpaw

Recruiter

08-28-2013

Quote:
Karma(only traditional skin)
LOL

Hi Iam Sam

08-28-2013

Well before you go bashing the rest of the middle-east I was in a tourny in kuwait and in dubai it was unofficial but they did not ban female champions or w/e people can just organize there own tournaments and host it so I guess they people who made this tournament is stupid for taking permission from the government when its not illegal at all

Dwarf Adventurer

08-28-2013

Other culture, other rules. It's their tournament, they can do with it whatever they want.

Edit: Deal with it, who are we to tell another poeple what's the right way to live?

Arsames

08-28-2013

Quote:
Sevenix:
This cant be real, I refuse to believe they would have to go That far.

To be fair I respect the difference in culture, but if you are gonna have to ban such a large portion of a championpool they should have just not hosted the tournament at all.

I'm seriously interested in VoDs from this event now, those games will be crazy.

That is not Persian culture, it is Islamic culture which is a cancer.

In before anybody calls me a racist, I actually come from Iran and have experience with Islam. I spit on Islam and every muslim I want in real life touch me and see what happens.

Some cultures practice pedophilia and cannibalism, should they be respected too? No. There is no such thing as equal cultures, multi-culturalism is a load of garbage and must be destroyed.

My opinions, don't take offense.

DaZzLRaZzL

08-28-2013

Quote:
Hi Iam Sam:
Well before you go bashing the rest of the middle-east I was in a tourny in kuwait and in dubai it was unofficial but they did not ban female champions or w/e people can just organize there own tournaments and host it so I guess they people who made this tournament is stupid for taking permission from the government when its not illegal at all

Different countries, different rules

Grip of Noodles

08-28-2013

Wow, this was pretty unpleasant to hear about. And why on earth would they ban Orianna, she's too hot?

Maybe people will end up boycotting the tournament, unless most of the playerbase actually agree with this view. Then again, if theres prizes to be had, then a boycott is highly unlikely either way.

ThornsEmbrace

08-28-2013

they are so ignorant lol i wonder if there is support player on Iran

TwilightSparkaru

08-28-2013

Unmasked Kayle gives the impression that its okay to remove your head garments if you're a female.

Better ban her?

Heimer Teemo

08-28-2013

Quote:
Celest10:
to live by their rules? why don't they live by our rules in Europe and refuse to take the pyjama off the face when asked? and those are not BS, just facts that no muslim will ever agree with, just because are true. so wise guy, anything else to add?

Sorry but you're full of ****. People get arrested if they remove that shyt in public. Most Iranian people who left Iran aren't even muslim anymore.

Before talking **** about 'facts', which are insults, visit the damn country and discover it for yourself.
Also Iran just got ****ed up after the Sjah died and some bearded man took the lead in the country, so stfu and stop being a ****ing retard.

Celest10

08-28-2013

Quote:
Yuyub:
KOG MAW? I SAY ZILEAN! Btw, muslims are goat****ing retards and should be erased from the face of Earth.

well, you will lose kebab and baklava ready to deal with that?