Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unofficial LoL Tournament In Iran Doesn't Allow Players To Pick Most Female Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zipper69PL

08-28-2013

This is definitely the most ridiculous thing ive seen in league of legends so far. I mean its not real its just a game, what is wrong with fx Orianna. Otherwise im wondering are they allowed to watch tournaments where fx Sjokz or Seltzer are hosts ;o

Ediwir

Recruiter

08-28-2013

well, being a unofficial tournament, i guess they are free to do whatever they want.
players are also free to not participate, i guess.
but i'm afraid there won't be many "full content" tournaments there...

kumquats83

08-28-2013

Sad sad sad.
At least it seems that Annie is still standing strong.
You go girl.

Tosha

08-28-2013

I really feel sorry for everyone there who does not want to live by those rules. As a woman, I feel very lucky to have been born in a country where I can follow my own dreams and ambitions.

karma messenger

08-28-2013

So they allow to participate Tristana and Lulu but not Poppy?

Celest10

08-28-2013

what are they missing, discos and alcohol? dude, they have the biggest lack of freedom... I had a friend who went in an arab country to play football....he had to play with long shirt on 42 degrees because he had a cross tattooed on his arm , first time he refused and spent 30 days in jail.... AND WHEN THEY GO AND SHARE KURAN ON THE STREETS OF EUROPE EVERYONE HAS TO HAVE UNDERSTANDING?? but hey, it doesn't matter that they are full of hate for other religions, let's just be civilized and accept that. if you ever get in bad situations, you will be fcked up within seconds without escape mate.... so yeah, they miss freedom, they miss their woman rights (if a girls doesn't have kids with his own brother she gets cut from the top to the bottom), they miss a free and non-brain-washed thinking... not all of them tho, I met and have muslim friend that would help you and give everything you ask them.... just think about it. and it is sad that in this forums you actually talk about this, all of those countries will never have an official tournament, never have a team in LCS and you will never hear about them....probably will be playing minesweeper

Heimer Teemo

08-28-2013

Quote:
Celest10:
what are they missing, discos and alcohol? dude, they have the biggest lack of freedom... I had a friend who went in an arab country to play football....he had to play with long shirt on 42 degrees because he had a cross tattooed on his arm , first time he refused and spent 30 days in jail.... AND WHEN THEY GO AND SHARE KURAN ON THE STREETS OF EUROPE EVERYONE HAS TO HAVE UNDERSTANDING?? but hey, it doesn't matter that they are full of hate for other religions, let's just be civilized and accept that. if you ever get in bad situations, you will be fcked up within seconds without escape mate.... so yeah, they miss freedom, they miss their woman rights (if a girls doesn't have kids with his own brother she gets cut from the top to the bottom), they miss a free and non-brain-washed thinking... not all of them tho, I met and have muslim friend that would help you and give everything you ask them.... just think about it. and it is sad that in this forums you actually talk about this, all of those countries will never have an official tournament, never have a team in LCS and you will never hear about them....probably will be playing minesweeper

Iran =/= Arab country.

I'm from Iran and 99% you wrote is BS.
Get your facts straight, people live their lives there like every other person. Don't do stupid things, live by it and you won't get trouble with anything.

Celest10

08-28-2013

Quote:
Heimer Teemo:
Iran =/= Arab country.

I'm from Iran and 99% you wrote is BS.
Get your facts straight, people live their lives there like every other person. Don't do stupid things, live by it and you won't get trouble with anything.

to live by their rules? why don't they live by our rules in Europe and refuse to take the pyjama off the face when asked? and those are not BS, just facts that no muslim will ever agree with, just because are true. so wise guy, anything else to add?

Clandestyn

08-28-2013

Quote:
xxCAVExx:

"Yeah i want to play a great game where people use multiple vicious skills to slaughter each other. There are even some terrible characters who feel pleasure in torturing others! In order to win you have to kill tons of little soldiers, then go back to arsenal and buy nasty weapons. THAT SOUNDS SO GREAT! But please, get rid of half-naked female characters: that's immoral."

Couldn't agree more...It was like when in Breaking Bad, a show which involves hard drugs abuse, murder, extreme violence and scenes of a sexual nature censored the F word at the end of one of their episodes. Obviously that is a bit far-off in terms of a comparison but I hope you get the point.

Frankly I'm surprised that they didn't just outright disallow the tournament but at least our Iranian summoners will be able to have some sort of LoL tournament.

Better than nothing at all.

DaZzLRaZzL

08-28-2013

This is just amusing. some hilarious comments... that red baron corki on page 4... peeing myself a little.