Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Unofficial LoL Tournament In Iran Doesn't Allow Players To Pick Most Female Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yoshimotso

08-27-2013

there are many players of lol in saudi arabia and if there is a unofficial tournament its just like any normal tournament you see play to win and no such rules like this one...

NutCrackerFin

08-28-2013

Quote:
Foutloos:
All you are going to see is "ALLAHUAKBAR" in all chat and red baron corkis valkerying into towers as practice.

Can you please just get on with permanently banning tese kind of racist scum biggots, tyvm? I see a lot of this in different threads and it's totally not cool.

On topic, I don't find this shocking at all since it is consistent with their laws, religion and culture, but the execution on a video-game tournament seems a little over the board. Dunno why they would even want to host a tournament if they can't deal with the content.

Jarwan

08-28-2013

Quote:
Xoraisse:
I honestly don't know what to say... Islamic nations's governments keep failing at adapting to the 21st century and to the age of information.

Its so incredibly sad.

Which part would that be? Considering UAE, Kuwait and a lot of the Gulf Nations were deserts 30 years ago and now boast some of the best looking and well developed cities in the world. When I used to live in Kuwait, I had free health care, food was cheaper than water (literally, since they don't have pure water sources). Petrol still remains cheap to this day. The roads are paved on an almost yearly basis. I live in the UK now and trust me when I say any UK motorist would gladly swap our roads for theirs. It's like you're driving on silk. No potholes!!

Those countries are seeing considerable amount of investment in the IT sector including high speed fibre optic broadband, cloud computing and high speed mobile networking. UAE is slowly becoming the centre of World trade.

So what exactly are they missing out? Alcohol and discos? With what I see every weekend in Manchester, I'd rather drink in my own house then go outside and witness 'far from being classy' activities like pissing next to a bus stop or puking your guts out. I usually play "smell the drunk" on trains and buses on my way to work in the aftermath of a club weekend. By the way in some of those Gulf countries you CAN drink in your own house just not outside.

Also let's not forget that alcohol and tobacco related deaths are a lot higher than anything else in the "developed" countries. The UK has already banned smoking indoors in public areas and it looks like they're moving towards banning alcohol adverts from TV.

If you read this whole thing 0.0

Jarwan

08-28-2013

Also, Riot please release Burkha skin for all female champions.

Caridor

08-28-2013

Quote:
Jarwan:

So what exactly are they missing out?

Women's rights, tolerance of other faiths, gay marriage, the right to kiss in public (people get arrested for that) and the freedom to do what you want to your own body.

You're right that they're very advanced in terms of their infrastructure (but how long will that last? The oil money won't last forever and I'm not sure tourism can be as lucritive) but they're 500 years behind the rest of the world in their mindset.

DuranIchigo

Recruiter

08-28-2013

and here i thought South africa sucks, now i love my country.

DuranIchigo

Recruiter

08-28-2013

Quote:
Wtfisthisgamebtw:
as a Person who was born in iran, first of all I had a blast reading the comments, but lemme explain why this is happening.

The Government of Iran, enforces regulations at any public event, and these regulations are very strict and follow islamic rules, in short, women who have exposed dresses are seen as something against the will of god (what a joke) and thus are forbidden and stuff..you get the picture

anyways, inb4 Zilean Ziggs combo banned..

these dumb things are the reason I dont live there anymore. but I wanna watch how the games will go lol

Isn't banning zilean and ziggs kinda racist against your own kind?

SevenOfDiamonds

08-28-2013

Imagine Soviet Union organizing a chess tournament with those rules:
-King is banned
-Queen is banned
-Bishop is banned
-Knight is banned
-Rook is banned

All players 16 pawns gg.
Let's get rid of those anti-progress, elitarist, rich pieces! Power to the mass!

Real-life morals and philosophies applied to games are just plain dumb.
Games are just games, real life is other story.

LoL has been already rated 16+ by the appropriate commission: You know what you are getting, since there is written everywhere: mild violence, sexy stuff, profanity, alcohol and tobacco usage. So why bother playing if half of the champion pool is restrited and yet you know it's there?
In my opinion, as far as it goes for every form of art, either you reject the whole or take it all. Censorship is stupid.

"Yeah i want to play a great game where people use multiple vicious skills to slaughter each other. There are even some terrible characters who feel pleasure in torturing others! In order to win you have to kill tons of little soldiers, then go back to arsenal and buy nasty weapons. THAT SOUNDS SO GREAT! But please, get rid of half-naked female characters: that's immoral."

raldzero

08-28-2013

I think even in Turkey, Malaysia or Singapore they are not that strict like this o.o
But well they have to follow their rules so I cannot complain.
It would be interesting to watch these tournaments though, like watching duo adc lanes

His Axelency

08-28-2013

Quote:
Jarwan:
Also, Riot please release Burkha skin for all female champions.

That would be pretty easy to do. Just make 1 skin and make it available for all female champs, no one will notice.