Help with Steam Overlay

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tanGee

04-03-2011

Hey guys,

I've been trying to get steam overlay to work with my LoL, but so far haven't been able to.

I run the game in windowed mode, but have seen others use the overlay in windowed so I know this isn't it. I have added lol.launcher.exe, Game\League of Legends.exe and Air\LolClient.exe as non steam games in the steam library, and launched the launcher from within steam, but when I hit Shift-Tab nothing happens.

I have done the normal troubleshooting things, like make sure overlay is enabled, checked the key binding is correct etc...

Is there anything special I need to do or is it not possible since the game isn't installed through Steam? I have seen others using it, but I'm not sure how their game was installed.

Thanks in advance.

tanGee

04-03-2011

Bumped for a small amount of justice...

KariyaZ

04-03-2011

I have added lol.launcher.exe in the Steam and play in windowed mode. Steam overlay works fine without any additional settings done.

tanGee

04-03-2011

Did you install LoL through steam?

KariyaZ

04-03-2011

No, my LoL is the free client downloaded from the website and added laterwards through the steam function of adding games.

Boompje

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchman

04-03-2011

Good to see other people helping out!

I don't use steam, never seen it actually;
Question:
Why would you use it through Steam ?

tanGee

04-03-2011

you wouldn't use it through steam for any other reason than the social features...i.e. being able to chat to steam friends from in game with overlay, and it let friends know what you're playing. I think at this point I want to get it working more because at the minute I can't and I know it should work, more than any real desire to use the functionality

Hmm...I removed all LoL entries in my steam library and re-added lol.launcher.exe as a non-steam game, launched it and still no joy with overlay

Are you running steam in administrator mode? Or on XP?

Boompje

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchman

04-03-2011

OK
That's pretty nice use

Can't help you on this though hope you can help each other out

SirRFI

Senior Wrenchman

05-03-2011

I am not sure but I think 'shift-tab' does not work for non-steam games.

To get LoL through stream probably You need to buy it.

KariyaZ

05-03-2011

I'm running Windows Vista and in administrator mode of course since it solves problems usually when it comes to Vista xP

When you added the game to Steam games, did you use the browse function instead or picking it up from the list (put X to the empty square). Incase you used the browsing mechanism, try removing the shortcut from the list and adding it through the list. Also try deactivating the steam overlay and activating it again and restart steam client.

And it works without buying it SirRFI since I'm using the free client thats downloadable from the website and it works perfectly with the shift-tab combination.