How to decrease lag and increase fps???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teriderol

02-03-2011

Hey guys,

Here's my problem, my loading times are way off limit with +1 minute, my lags are always on the wrong moments, when enemy champs walk by and see me hanging and dont think, owh let the boy do, he has lag, and since I updated, or tried to, my laptops visual driver, my fps is crazy low.

somebody, anybody, please help me.

unwanted feeder in need.

ps: i found some post on US server, so i folowed that one up.

http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...0ab2-4e8e-b590and this one
http://n3.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...abf8-4e40-9b4d

Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (8.5 KB, 189 views)

WandaRage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Your internet results have shown a problem.

Quote:
Network buffer measurements (?): Uplink 610 ms, Downlink is good
We estimate your uplink as having 610 msec of buffering. This level can in some situations prove somewhat high, and you may experience degraded performance when performing interactive tasks such as web-surfing while simultaneously conducting large uploads. Real-time applications, such as games or audio chat, may also work poorly when conducting large uploads at the same time.
As your playing a game your PC will constantly be downloading and uploading to the game server to update your locations, minion locations and enemy/friendly champion locations. If your connection is having trouble sending this information you will get lag, if your connection is missing data bursts or packets then you will get a higher ping and possibly lag.

As your playing on a laptop am i correct in assuming your using a wireless connection? If so change it to wired, wired connections are best for gaming and should be used at all times imo. Wireless Connections were designed for people in the workplace, businessmen/women who were out and about on the move who needed access to work documents. Its not designed for Gaming.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Driver Date/Size: 4/7/2008 20:50:28, 1499136 bytes
Your Driver is 2+ years old. Update it.

Check out the last 2 sections of the dxdiag.txt, your GFX Drivers are all between 2-4 years old. Whilst this might not be the problem it certainly isnt good having drivers this old.

Go to www.amd.com and search for your new drivers.

Google Driver Sweeper and run it to remove all traces of your old drivers before installing the new ones, sometimes your old drivers arent replaced by the new ones.

Give that a try and see how you go.

-------------------------------------------------------

You could also try decreasing the screen resolution this will decrease the resources needed to run the game in the high resolution.

Another thing i'll add is your running a Dual Core 2ghz Proc, and 2gb Ram... now your also running Vista which is insanely Ram Heavy so your not going to have alot of Ram to use when your Playing which will decrease performance. I have a System Monitor Gadget running on my PC and during Idle Mode my PC uses 1.2-1.6GB Ram and im running Win7 which is the same as Vista but without the Heavy Ram usage. So as you can tell your Laptop will be devoting most of the Ram to running the OS.

For Gaming nowadays you really need a minimum of 4GB Ram. I would set everything to minimum detail when you play the game and turn off any special effects the game has. All in all your playing a modern game on an out of date laptop which out of date drivers and by the looks of it a un-stable wireless connection.

Mizwita

02-03-2011

*******http://www.speedtest.net/result/1180623483.png[/IMG]
*******http://www.pingtest.net/result/35833229.png[/IMG]

My packet loss is always more than 40% don't know how to fix it, have tried many things but its not helping. :x but afterall, i dont lag at all.

Cardiac Arrest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Funny thing is that speedtest.com says my ping is 9 ms, pingtest.net says its 15 ms with 0% loss, but still sometimes my ping is over 150 and occasionally I lag.

I think its not just a problem on my end, but the servers as well. Or it could be all the non-EU players on this server. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

WandaRage

02-03-2011

Well the internet isnt a fixed thing, it fluctuates meaning one time of day your ping will be low and you wont have any problems but then other times you will lag.

The reason for this is Traffic, during Off-Peak your connection will be fine. Peak times you will slow and get problems before more people are using it. Think of your connection and the Internet as a Road or a Traffic System the more people using it the slower you will be, the lesser traffic the faster you will be.

Now another reason for this is the path your connection takes TO and FROM the server to your PC, you generally get 15 HOPs as they are known meaning your connection takes 15 steps TO and FROM the server. Now if there is a problem with one of the Steps or HOPs then your connection will take a hit and your speed will slow.

The problem here is that during the day your ISP will change these Connection Steps randomly so sooner or later your connection will take a hit.

If all connection nodes are running 40ms then your ping will be 40ms, if however 1 has 200ms then your ping will increase. Not really much you can do about this because its down to your ISP and they wont see this as a controllable problem which in all fairness its not. Just one of those things, not everyones tech is top of the range and eventually it takes its toll.

WandaRage

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizwita View Post
*******http://www.speedtest.net/result/1180623483.png[/IMG]
*******http://www.pingtest.net/result/35833229.png[/IMG]

My packet loss is always more than 40% don't know how to fix it, have tried many things but its not helping. :x but afterall, i dont lag at all.
Packet Loss can be caused by a certain restriction or setting your ISP imposes on your account, you can contact them and request for something called Interleaving to be enabled/disabled.

This however is a double edged sword because when you have Interleaving enabled your connection will send the same information a few times to protect the data so that if one of the packets is lost one of the others will make it thus all the information you send/recieve is sent or recieved. This will also increase your Ping and Slow your connection down because your sending more information.

Turning Interleaving off will speed up your connection but may also increase packet loss.

I myself have Interleaving disabled on my account because it was interferring with my Pings in games, i explained to my ISP that im a Gamer and that my connection is purely for Gaming so they turned Interleaving off.

Inhaliation

02-03-2011

Try gamebooster