Renekton vs Irelia

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mitsuomi

Junior Member

01-03-2011

Who is the best tanky dps?

Like who got the best selfhealing?
Who can take the most damage?
Who deal the most damage?

And what are their Pros and Cons?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roxoz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-03-2011

Irelia heals way better
Renekton can take more damage I think
Irelia can deal way more damage, but Renekton can as well

I luv Irelia, 3 pros for that


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zalz

Senior Member

01-03-2011

Irelia with the proper build will put Renekton down without any difficulty.

If the Irelia does not have the proper build she can be outplayed by a lot of champions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panther Face

Senior Member

01-03-2011

Imho Renekton deals a lot more damage, I don't know where opinions to the contrary are coming from. Irelia has far better self healing and is viable as being a nearly full tank. Renekton will win ANY lane. Renekton deals far more AoE damage. Irelia can shred tanks and shrug off harrass. Renekton explodes squishies and is one of the toughest melee fighters out there with his ult. Both are fun, Irelia is the FotM, but croc has pretty much got her beat in most regards.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrinkForYou

Senior Member

01-03-2011

[QUOTE=Mitsuomi;1481821]Who is the best tanky dps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi View Post
Like who got the best selfhealing?
Irelia does.. Renekton have a cap on his, and one 1 skill heals him.. she got 2 skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi View Post
Who can take the most damage?
Renekton is one of the most squisy fighters in the game IF you dont build him alittle tanky.
Ofc he got his ULT, but it only gives him 600hp at lvl 18, and it has no lifesteal like Nasus ULT.... Irelia got 2 really good lifesteal skills that help her keep alive.. I would call this one a tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi View Post
Who deal the most damage?
Renekton got really good damage IF you got 50+ fury.. if you dont you hit like a wet nuddle. So if you like to manage fury all the time and dont get caught whitout it, you will do okay burst damage. He also needs to buy CDR items, or he got really long CD's on his skills....
Irelia got real good damage and really good burst, and you dont have to manage anything else then CD..... I would say Irelia win this one 60/40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi View Post
And what are their Pros and Cons?
Renekton is very fun to play, have okay burst damage and looks cool.. but you have to like the idear to manage fury all the time, and you NEED to build him tanky if you dont want to die all the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thor von Asgard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-03-2011

Irelia can take more damage, irelia can heal more, irelia deals more damage


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panther Face

Senior Member

02-03-2011

Thor is a troll. Not saying I disagree with him, but he is a troll.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M00nfish

Senior Member

02-03-2011

For the damage taking part: Irelia ends up with 10% higher base-effective health at lvl18, because she got 100 more HP and 11 more armor

BUT, Renektons ultimate grants him 600 additional health for 15seconds. So if you consider this Renekton with his ulti on is way tougher than Irelia.

Damage is again greatly dependant on your build. But in general you can clearly say Renekton deals more consistent and AoE-damage, whereas Irelia excels at single target burst. The basestats favour Irelia again (slightly more attack speed by 0.063 and 3 more AD), but that is not much and is overshadowed by the amount of additional damage the chars gain through their abilities (true damage through hiten style is enormous, but also the AoE damage of renektons ultimate).


Long story short: The characters are different and you should play the one you like. Both are very strong and can be devastating when played right. Irelia probably got more healing potential and that comeback with 10% health left feeling, whereas Renekton deals huge amounts of damage in teamfights, through his AoE-nature and more consistent stun. Renekton is also easier built as tank (tanky/dps, because of his ulti with aoe-damage and 600 additional health, AoE-lifesteal with cull the meek and a better escape skill), whereas Irelia is easier built as burst-DPS (dps/tanky, sheen/trinity force is better on her (wasted mana and ap on rene, and her skill puts you in the face of the enemy to use the sheen-proc right away)).

I feel Renekton is a bit harder to play on top of his abilities, because of his Fury-system. But Irelia is restricted with a Mana-Pool.

But I guess today you will have to ask whether Jarvan is better than the two or not. He fills a similar role.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hilen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-03-2011

Irelia in fact does more damages, but she's not really more tanky, and her ultimate is less interesting on the long run. And she can't flee.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zalz

Senior Member

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilen View Post
Irelia in fact does more damages, but she's not really more tanky, and her ultimate is less interesting on the long run. And she can't flee.
If she needs to flee then i would assume that is because her HP is lower. In wich case her E turns into a stun with a suprising low cooldown.


12