Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Promotion Series Expirations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crs Vocerox

08-07-2013

Quote:
Scyruss:
i wish it was just a moment. 3days ongoing, i'm using Visa, today a friend from Holland was able to buy and I still can't <.<

You'll have to wait 5 days since you had the problem. It's a Riot/YourBankCompany based Problem on misleading packages that haven't been able to verify your card. Had the same, it's reset after 5 days everytime, so just wait 2 more days and you're good to go

Sincerely,
a Visa User aswell

bannejs

Recruiter

08-07-2013

why?I don't understand the change, what about people who don't have so much time to play and have very low lp gain?...Just make it so that you can fall between tiers (gold to silver, platinum to gold etc) if you really want people to fall down

Im Tao Meow

08-07-2013

Question: Does this affect those of us in bronze? I know elo decay doesn't so I was just curious. I am expecting it across the board though.

TheGons

08-07-2013

Bump so nobody can cry.

Scyruss

08-07-2013

Quote:
pa konezz:
You'll have to wait 5 days since you had the problem. It's a Riot/YourBankCompany based Problem on misleading packages that haven't been able to verify your card. Had the same, it's reset after 5 days everytime, so just wait 2 more days and you're good to go

Sincerely,
a Visa User aswell

if it took money then i would have the same thing as you. but it doesn't. it doesn't even complete transaction it just shuts down

SGT Kaïo

08-07-2013

Quote:
Riot Socrates:
<div class="cs-body"><p>Hey Summoners,</p><p>We made some changes to the way a promotion series can expire over time. Read below for an explanation:</p><p><strong>Short summary:</strong> Last patch we released a change to the league system to fix a behavior that was extending players promotion series beyond the expected time amount. From the day you enter your series, you now have 28 days to complete that promotion series or it will be automatically ended.</p><p><strong>Context:</strong> With the latest ranked play update, players now have a 28 day time limit from the day they qualify to complete their tier / division promotion. Previously we had allowed players to extend the series for an indefinite amount of time. Players who fail to complete their promotion series within 28 days will be removed from out of their series, where regular LP decay can be applied.</p><p>This change was to address an unintended behavior that was causing some players to have a promotion series that could run almost the full duration of the season. We've applied the update retroactively to all players currently participating within ranked play.</p><p>Unfortunately we failed to properly message this change within our official patch notes, and some players may have already been affected by it. This announcement is to provide clarity if you've been automatically failed out of your promotion series and were wondering why. We apologize for the inconvenience as we strive to make ranked play a more consistent and dynamic experience overall.</p><style type="text/css">.cs-body p { margin:1em 0;}.cs-body img { border: 2px solid #cd8e2f;padding: 1px;margin: 0;max-width: 100%;height:auto;}.cs-body img.borderless {border: 0 none;padding: 0;}.cs-body a {font-weight: bold;}</style></div>

En français pls ?

nooldorian

08-08-2013

Quote:
SGT Kaïo:
En français pls ?

Hello KaA

I am not speaking french so i can translate it to you but there is also a post about this on French forums.
Here is the link http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=12763615#post12763615

Adieu
nooldo

Minos Leonhart

08-08-2013

Seems like your system screwd up a bit. My friend (Eolhihi (http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/19194290)) was about to have a decay becasue of inactivity (he was also in promotion) so we decided to have a ranked game the very last day before the decay shows up.
We did the game (and won) and my friend had one out of his two victories for promotion (the green sign was showing up in the league screen). However, yesterday he got kicked off the promotion and he's now with 100 LP but out of promotion.
It shoudln't have happened because he played a game in time so decay shouldn't have popped up.

TIRONO

08-08-2013

op good but i want just a tip personal lp so even if my team lose if i pplay good i got plus lp
just a good thinking but in my opinion but i mean in summary just a personal LP

7331h4x0r

08-11-2013

I'm currently cut of from a decent (=non-laggy, steady) internet connection and cannot play ranked, but was in a series. Got lucky and managed to play 1 game without a single dc to extend the time i was in promotion. Then this bull**** patch came and kicked me out of it.

Thanks riot, I'm mad. No notification before, not a single piece of information. Great job.