IS Mundo a (good) Tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Iceson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-02-2011

Heyho,

I just wanted to know how you think about it? Is Mundo a (good) Tank? If u think he is tell me why, because I dont realy think he is. One slow does not make you be a good tank.

Hope I get some good answers

p3drakhan

27-02-2011

he can be.....u really need to be in the enemy's face, and be upfront trowing cleaver just so they will get annoyed
but even after that u might get ignored sometimes and they will just walk past you but that is with most "tanks"

The Iceson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-02-2011

Not if you are Amumu
or Shen
or Malphite

SneezingPandaGG

27-02-2011

If you play ranked, and you took Mundo and your enemy took 5 ignites, you did half of the job already, I don't mind dying with Mundo if they used all 5 ignites on me in one teamfight. It takes ages to kill Mundo, and if they focus him, they will kill him, but he alone can kill 2 enemies.

The Iceson

27-02-2011

But in Good teams noone will focus you. And which team takes 5 ignites, ohh yes that team which focus mundo ^^?

Izri

27-02-2011

In aspects of taking and surviving raw Damage and CC Mundo can be good. Allthough he lacks of CC or protection spells himself, since he can only slow someone with his cleaver. Other tanks can taunt, stun, silence, knock-up or something like that, so they might be a better choice.

Mundo can easily tank towers and baron or just run around baiting the enemy to focus or CC you. If they focus your teammates instead, you cannot do much, but try to kill them before they kill your team.

SneezingPandaGG

27-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iceson View Post
But in Good teams noone will focus you. And which team takes 5 ignites, ohh yes that team which focus mundo ^^?
Solo queue teams take 5 ignites if enemy has Mundo. Happened a lots of times that my enemy team had Mundo, my team took 4 ignites and started saying "olaf take ignite u noob" to me. I mean, Olaf?!

Aga Wojownik

27-02-2011

I think he actually is a tank.

Definition of tank is extremely hard to kill champion, who has noticeable impact on the flow of the battle.
This counts in Amumu and Malph ulties (after using they do sustained dmg and have one tactical skill) and Rammus/Shen taunts. This stuff is why you can't ignore them as tanks.

And mundo has tactical slow, just like Malph. Only difference is that instead of initiation ulti, he deals THIS much damage to anyone he wants to damage (yeah nuke him/cc him/not much will that stop him from charging this glass veigar hidden behind whole team).

But when faced against real tank, he's got no chances because he's got no initiation skill.
So he's more offtank or.... just mundo huge pile of meat that goes and smashes things.

Buddychrist

27-02-2011

5 Ignites doesn't stop Mundo after a 40min game...

Sarah Fortune

27-02-2011

Mundo aint a ****ing tank when will the all french **** ever learn?