How to build Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feralyn

27-02-2011

Hi,

i ve got some probs with jax, I just cant get alot of kills with him. I think the main problem might be my build. Hope to get some advice here.

For runes I dont have special Jax runes.. I use what I have which is magicpen reds, mana/5 yellows and cdr blues. I realize that mana/5 isnt useful at all for jax...
What runes do I need?

For masteries I go 21/9/0 going into dodge. I think this is fine but maybe 9/21/0 is even better? Havent tried yet but maybe someone knows

For items I usually start with a dorans shield because of its regen. Than I get ninja tabis. After this I just dont really know what is best.. I ve rushed Gunblade, which give you vamp and lifesteal. But spellvamp, is it really useful? You only burst with it.. so in teamfights it doesnt heal me enough I think. After Gunblade I took attackspeed (malady) I think As is really a must on Jax and it makes him a pretty good carry!

But I really dont know what items are best for Jax, is it Ad,Ap, or hybrid. Or maybe a bit tanky/ad, can imagine that it might work...

How do you guys build him? What are core items? How to get better scores that 8/5/5... I really feel that my damage is good early game.. but falls mid and end game.
Currently I think that ad/as with lifesteal might be the way to go...

Help me out

Sazabi

27-02-2011

recently i started going with 300 gold armor and 5 health pots.
works well, you will need that armor piece anyway.

masteries 9/21/0 is about right indeed.

runes... dodge seals. no competition there.

ad/as? definitely not. he needs hexblade and rageblade. if you need more burst dmg then get more ap.
i like getting lichbane.

fridouw

27-02-2011

I don't play Jax, but from what I've seen he likes dodge. Maybe you should get some dodge runes instead of mana per 5? Also, Guinsos Rageblade or whatever it's called, is good for him. Hope I helped just a little

Breaking

27-02-2011

Try triniti force, works like a charm for me. And be sure to get dodge yellow asap.

zombie mahran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

27-02-2011

My brother plays Jax and the problem probably isn't your build but your play style. Early game, Jax can dish out a LOT of harassment and moreover, levelling his stun and CDR runes and masteries will sometimes give you enough dodge to land a stun and get you a few kills early game. (A tip: In early laning phase, when you attack a champion the minions will attack you so try and let them push past mid into your side so when you attack them, the minions can attack you and you can get E up for a stun).

Bear in mind that Jax isn't very durable either: I'd maybe even go so far as to call him squishy. But he has a decent escape so always try to remember to keep something behind you and always have an escape in mind. Furthermore, Jax in teamfights can just jump to the carries and eat them alive (but wait until the burst damage is done. Jax shouldn't initiate a teamfight)

whiteneron

27-02-2011

hey, i play a lot with Jax, and for me is very good hibryd.
My runes are :
Marks: Armor penetration ( you can get attack damage aswell)
Seals: Dodge nothing else
Glyphs: ability power ( i dont use cooldowns)
Quintessence: 3X armor penetration (or 2Xarmor one abilitypower)
Masteries: a lot of times 9/21/0 or if i play def like semi tank 0/21/9

Items: i start with boots and 3 health potion--> ninja tabi
2 nd item: guinsoos regebelde
3 rd item: i prefer Hextech gunblade or you can bild on phantom dancer
4 th item: Lich Bane or Crstal specter ( crystal is good with gunblade for spell wamp)
last item depends of your play style i use warmog.

for my spells i use ignite and exhaust, so i can go for mundo xD

A lot of times i can get 3 items regeblede, gunblade and phantom, cos or we win or we lose. I think it happend 10 times that i can build all 6 items for jax. My best score with jax was 27/10/33. my worse its 0/9/1 xD

i hope i was a little help for oyu xD

OzeeSF

27-02-2011

My item build is like this:

Dorans shield
Boots of Swiftness (or Mercs)
Guinsoo's
Rabadon's Deathcap
Hextech Gunblade

Dont need any HP items because with this build you will have 3k health anyway thanks to its passive

BeSport Bytas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-02-2011

jax is the one of the champs that agrees with bravery.
(ninja tabi, triple stacks, trinity force) that+guinsoos rageblade would be valid.

UltraLazor

27-02-2011

I play him with an emphasis on AP

Guinsoo
Gunblade, Rabadon, Lichbane.

Sometimes I don't get Guinsoo's. That's when I'm focused on bursting down squishies.

Sanitarium33

27-02-2011

I played Jax alot, even though I don't currently own him (I intend to buy him in a few minutes or so :P ) and these are two builds and masteries I like to use:

1. AP build:

Masteries:
9/11/10 with 15% magic pen in offense, nimbleness and full armour and magic resist bonuses in defense and time spent dead, bonus exp, greed and a bit of mana regen in utility.

As summoners spells, I would use cleanse and exhaust, but it is not a textbook to follow.

As items :
1. Cloth armour +2 h pot + 2 mana pot.>>>Ninja tabi's.
2. Hextech revolver>>> Hextech Gunblade.
3. Sheen>>> Lich Bane.
4. Deathcap.
5. Rylai if you need an extra CC, Void staff if they start to stack magic resist, especially effective versus tank teams.
6. Deathfire Grasp if they have a very unkillable Cho Gath or another tank alike.

2.AD build:

Masteries:
9/21/0 with 15% magic pen in offense and nimbleness, full armour, magic resist bonuses, veteran scars, damage reduction bonuses vs monsters all the way down to AS and AP bonuses, 4% damage reduction.

Itemise:
1. Cloth armour+2 h pot+2 mana pot>>> Ninja tabi's.
2. Vampiric scepter>>> Last item morph into Bloodthirster.
3. Sword of the Divine asap.
4. Madred Bloodrazor.
5. Wit's End, if at least 3 mana champs in enemy team, or Guinsoo Rageblade.
6. Infinity Edge, before Bloodthirster upgrade.

As summoner spells, I would choose either the previous Cleanse+Exhaust, either Ignite+Exhaust, with improved Exhaust in each case.

Hope you have fun trying those. Just my point of view.

Have a nice day all

Later edit:

Runepage is the same for both builds :
Dodge seals and quints and full attackspeed Marks and Glyphs

Someone can't take another opinion but his/ her own : ))
It's good to know we will never save this damned planet :P