lolsports.com - LCS Keyboard Competition

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xytrixz

20-07-2013

Hey, so for those of you that don't know already, every day the LCS is shown, lolesports.com now claim to give away a Logitech G510s Keyboard to the 5 people who have their tweets read out live on the show. This week, on 19/7/2013, I was lucky enough to have my tweet read out and sat eagerly awaiting a direct message or mention on Twitter to progress my way to getting my new keyboard. A day passed and nothing had happened, so I figured that it would happen after the weekend's LCS had ended. Not really having much clarity on this, I decided to ask someone I know, who happened to win the competition last weekend on how her keyboard was progressing and was rather confused at her response, which told me there was none at all, no message or mention of the competition afterwards.

So now we reach the reason I am making this thread, it is not intended to be a whiny "give me my keyboard" thread, but more a confused gamer looking for some clarity. So if any Rioter or previous winner has any knowledge of the process after your tweet is read out, please let me know so I can get an idea of what to expect.

Cheers,

Xytrixz - EUW

edit: I know I made a typo in the title, I am a fool >.<

edit 2: Following a reddit post I made to increase visibility of this post, it was brought up that only one of the five tweets actually wins the keyboard. If anyone know whether this is truth or not, that'd be mighty helpful >.<

edit 3: after tweeting to the EU casters from this weekend, Phreak replied saying that he too doesn't really know. This seems to me rather uncoordinated by Riot/ESL if the only people that know are the guys behind @lolesports

Lullaby

21-07-2013

Have you checked twitter direct messages? These do not show up on your timeline.

Xytrixz

21-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGAUBERDINOSAUR View Post
Have you checked twitter direct messages? These do not show up on your timeline.
Yes, been periodically keeping an eye on my dms but nothing has shown up yet

DarkyTheKid

22-07-2013

Hey, it happens that my tweet had been read live by Deman on the 3rd day of the week 6, 20.07.2013.
What i can tell you is that the lolesports said:
"hey there! We’ll be contacting people through direct messages on next steps. Thanks!"
and Phreak said on the live stream: "So guys, congratulations to the winners, the guys that we read out there, we are gonna send you a Logitech g510s gaming keyboard and we're gonna contact you via twitter so keep an eye out for lolesports talking to you cuz free stuff"
he said "THE GUYS WE READ OUT THERE", so that means all the people they read on live stream will get a keyboard Logitech g510s.
Also i heard about a guy who won in the week 5 and he didn't got his keyboard till now.(also no DM from lolesports on twitter) *that's what he said so...don't judge me if he didn't read the DM*

Maybe they are too overloaded and can't do the giveaway instantly and they will do so in a week or so.
Maybe they will send the gifts every 2 weeks, not every week.

WHO KNOWS!

P.S. Non of the guys who won was seen again! D: JK