Reverse Tribunal System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Airgetlahm

16-07-2013

I would like to share this idea with the community.

Reverse Tribunal System

- Tribunal cases now shows only 1 game instead of 3-4-5. As a compensation, a Reported Player must be Punished on more cases for a Warning/Ban to be effective. This will avoid Judicators to ignore games and Reported Player to be Punished for just 1 game out of 5.

- When reporting a player, no reasons can be chosen: instead, you are forced to write a reason yourself. Reports without a written reason will be dumped.

New Feature: CROSS-EXAMINATION

- In the new (Reverse) Tribunal, you aren't judging a player, but the reason why a player was reported.

- In the Tribunal case, you can see Champion Select chat, in-game chat, post-game chat and scoreboard. Clicking on the scoreboard will popup the player's purchasing history. Premades are highlighted.

- The Reported Player and the Reporting Player are highlighted. You can see who is the Reporting Player and what is his/her reasons for reporting the Reported Player.

- You don't have Punish nor Pardon: instead, you must tell if you Agree with the Reporting Player or instead you Disagree. Agreeing is the equivalent of Punish. Disagreeing means you think the Reporting Player is wrong and the Reported Player doesn't deserve a punishment, the same of Pardon.

- With this system, when you report a player you go in the Tribunal with him/her. If you accuse someone, you go in Tribunal too. If you collect a lot of Disagree, it means your are either poor in your judgements, do fake reports or do reports only driven by rage and you will be punished with restrictions to your reporting ability (limited reports/unable to report). Bad reporters are highlighted.

- You also have a notification if someone else in the game reported the Reported Player, so you can tell if a premade group simply bulled the Reported Player.

Extra Features: MORE OPTIONS!

- You can Skip a case. However, skipping is a possible outcome of a case: if the majority of Judicators skipped a case, the case ends in nothing.

- If you think the Reporting Player is wrong and also toxic, or he/she did a fake report (i.e. faceroll keyboard instead of writing a reason for the report, Reported Player didn't nothing wrong and Reporting Player flamed), you can click the Counter-Report button. This has the same effect as Punishing him/her as he/she was reported.

CONCLUSIONS

Reporting Players do a lot of reports without being controlled. For this, a lot of Reported Players ends in the Tribunal maybe even for doing nothing wrong. Since there are a lot of Judicators who "spampunish", because a Punish verdict is more probable than a Pardon one, a lot of Reported Players gets banned for no reasons.

My Reverse Tribunal System solves all those issues in a very simple way:

1) Reporting a player is a double-edged sword. You have nothing to worry if your reports are true, real and correct, but if you do fake reports or reports due to rage you can be the one who will get punished instead. With my system, you will think twice before reporting someone just because he/she pissed you off or because he/she is an enemy 13/4 Ezreal spamming /laugh in lane.

2) Absence of predetermined reasons for a report and forcing you to write one completely removes fake reports like "Griefing: Intentionally Feeding" for someone who just had a bad game and reports made by lazyness. Also, makes Reporting Players do more mature and serious reports.

3) You can't spampunish anymore: you do that because there are only two outcomes for a case: Punish and Pardon, and Punish is most likely to come out. But with my system the outcomes are four, and your spampunish has 1/4 of the original impact because there will be Judicators who Agree, Disagree, Skip and Counter-Report. If you spampunish because you think that if someone is in the Tribunal, then he/she must be banned, with my system you should also consider the Reporting Player too, who can be found even more toxic than the Reported Player.

4) On top of that, with the actual system you have only one person and his/her actions to judge. With my system, you have two: the Reported Player and the Reporting Player and the actions of both. This is more fair and more accurate, like a real Tribunal.

Thank you for reading!

Bielduwyn

17-07-2013

It's already been stated time and time again that the five games are a random sample of all the games a player was reported in (and remember, to appear in the Tribunal you already need to get reported in four times as many games as your average player), and that as such, one game where the player breaks the summoner's code is enough reason to punish, because since it's a random selection it's perfectly possible that the other four games just so happen to be games where he behaved but was falsely reported, even though the player is toxic in most games.

Additionally, Riot has already punished players who abused the report function in the past, they even made red posts about it on these very forums. And there are already systems in place that both make reports and punishes become worth less and less if you spunish either or both of them. So if you're a player who reports near everyone and everything, your reports will become worthless. As will your spam punishing.

Also, according to Riot the Tribunal has an accuracy rating of over 90%, what more do you want, really? You're looking for solutions to problems that aren't there.

Airgetlahm

17-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bielduwyn View Post
Also, according to Riot the Tribunal has an accuracy rating of over 90%, what more do you want, really? You're looking for solutions to problems that aren't there.
Or maybe I'm proposing something that can IMPROVE the Tribunal! ^_^

Lady Lothiriel

17-07-2013

Quote:
Tribunal cases now shows only 1 game instead of 3-4-5. As a compensation, a Reported Player must be Punished on more cases for a Warning/Ban to be effective. This will avoid Judicators to ignore games and Reported Player to be Punished for just 1 game out of 5.
What Bielduwyn said. One game alone is punishable and this is as it should be because those five games are just samples of a great number of reported games.

Quote:
When reporting a player, no reasons can be chosen: instead, you are forced to write a reason yourself. Reports without a written reason will be dumped.
Sounds reasonable. Wrong reports would be reduced for sure.

Quote:
- In the new (Reverse) Tribunal, you aren't judging a player, but the reason why a player was reported.
No. We're still judging the player. If he behaved not according to the SC, I don't really care what he was reported for. If someone reports him for feeding, while he was "only" flaming like a boss, I'll still punish.

Quote:
In the Tribunal case, you can see Champion Select chat, in-game chat, post-game chat and scoreboard. Clicking on the scoreboard will popup the player's purchasing history.
Pre and postgame would be nice, but I don't understand the need for the purchasing history. If someone sells all his stuff to buy five boots of mobility, I'll still think him a troll even if I know he had bought something different before.

Quote:
- The Reported Player and the Reporting Player are highlighted. You can see who is the Reporting Player and what is his/her reasons for reporting the Reported Player.
Not seeing the sense in that. Why would I need to know that? It doesn't help me to judge that players behavior.

Quote:
You don't have Punish nor Pardon: instead, you must tell if you Agree with the Reporting Player or instead you Disagree. Agreeing is the equivalent of Punish. Disagreeing means you think the Reporting Player is wrong and the Reported Player doesn't deserve a punishment, the same of Pardon.
That is much more complicated than the current system with no upside to it. Should I be forced to essentially pardon a player, only because he was reported for feeding (which he did not do intentionally maybe) instead of flaming (which he did)?

Quote:
- With this system, when you report a player you go in the Tribunal with him/her. If you accuse someone, you go in Tribunal too. If you collect a lot of Disagree, it means your are either poor in your judgements, do fake reports or do reports only driven by rage and you will be punished with restrictions to your reporting ability (limited reports/unable to report). Bad reporters are highlighted.
As was already explained to you, Riot has a lot of tools in place to filter out reportspamming and to render such reports meaningless.

Quote:
You also have a notification if someone else in the game reported the Reported Player, so you can tell if a premade group simply bulled the Reported Player.
To what end? The number of reports per game is meaningless, only the number of games you are reported in counts. Premades have no more reporting weight than single players. If someone has done nothing wrong, a premade report will not lead to his having a tribunal case, much less being punished.

Quote:
- You can Skip a case. However, skipping is a possible outcome of a case: if the majority of Judicators skipped a case, the case ends in nothing.
You can already skip. However, in your scenario, people who swear in Swedish would never be punished because the majority on EUW doesn't speak the language and would skip. I don't think so.

Quote:
If you think the Reporting Player is wrong and also toxic, or he/she did a fake report (i.e. faceroll keyboard instead of writing a reason for the report, Reported Player didn't nothing wrong and Reporting Player flamed), you can click the Counter-Report button. This has the same effect as Punishing him/her as he/she was reported.
I really sometimes wish I could report another player in a game I'm reviewing. Chances are, however, that he already has been reported for that game.

Quote:
Reporting Players do a lot of reports without being controlled.
Wrong. Where is the data to back that up. Read Bielduwyns post.

Quote:
For this, a lot of Reported Players ends in the Tribunal maybe even for doing nothing wrong. Since there are a lot of Judicators who "spampunish", because a Punish verdict is more probable than a Pardon one, a lot of Reported Players gets banned for no reasons.
With this, you lost any credibility and good will you might have had from anyone who comes here to discuss improvements of tribunal. You're just another tribunal basher.
Punish-spamming is a myth, it's the other way around. No one gets banned with no reason, I haven't seen a case of someone innocent getting banned in more than a year.
You have no data to back up your claims and you have not even gone to the trouble to really inform yourself about how the tribunal works.

KiwiGeneral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-07-2013

What if someone is flaming(rightfully reported) and the reporter is flaming too? What button do I press? And what if I press the wrong one? Oh woe is me.

Then, your "arguments" against the tribunal are all based on false assumptions, so not valid at all.