Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Master Yi hits the PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EggersMcBraiden

Recruiter

07-11-2013

I am so confused...All I read here he is okay or nerfed. But in my opinion he is op now. You wreck enemies harder than any Tryn with lesser equip it is devastating. Spellbraker boosts him even more. His burst AND dps is so incredibly high. If you miss one chance to stun and kill him in a teamfight, he will rape you like hell. With new Yi I easily kill 3 enemies within seconds if theres no big stun around.

EggersMcBraiden

Recruiter

07-11-2013

Quote:
xzero0150:
Why on earth, did you nerf his jungle so hard. The ONLY thing that AD yi had that made him even good enough to consider at higher skill levels, was that he had a very fast clear and it was very safe.

You nerfed:
His base heal on meditate at lv1
The damage he gains from wuju style
The damage at early levels for his Q
His base armour

The result is that his clear takes longer, and is less safe. He no longer clears anywhere near as fast as other junglers and therefore is now just a blatantly worse pick in the jungle than champs like shyvana.

So therefore he has to be relegated to lane. But his early game is bad too, no escape as before, all his early damage is gone (no 100% bonus on double strike to poke and no +15 AD and even his Q does less damage). You nerfed his early game in every single aspect to the extent he is pretty much unplayable in lane and jungle. But he IS a carry, therefore this would be kinda okay if his late game got a lot more powerful.

But it didn't, it's exactly the same as before, no actually it's worse.
He can't split push as hard, because if someone shows up and he burns his ulti for a kill then he can no-longer use it to escape as the refresh is gone.
He can't team fight as well because he can't dive in, get a kill and leave with the refreshed ulti, he has to commit. Which means you cannot build glass cannon yi anymore, its impossible on someone who has to commit to a fight. But if you build him tanky then his wuju style just ends up being pretty damn useless.

You just nerfed the old yi in every single aspect. His early game, his late game, his ganks, his jungle, his team-fights, his split pushing. He can't build durable and rely on wuju style and his ulti for damage... because they don't do enough without him building damage. You can't build damage without the ultimate refresh and just, what were you thinking? His mana costs on Q also mean that re-freshing outside of his ult is pointless because you use up all your mana.

The only thing you improved, was the VU. That was good, smoother animations and his Q is more responsive with how long he's unforgettable now being consistent and yeah its good.

But you just flat out nerfed him to be completely unviable in anything other than bronze and then thats only because poorly skilled players can't focus and even then he's not as good as before.

I suggest you seriously increase all of his base stats by a LOT to allow him to actually jungle. Reduce the mana cost on Q to something like 70/75/80/85/90, buff the level 1 heal on meditate to about 100, and then make his ultimate act like darius's, where getting a kill let's you reactivate it again for about 10 seconds so he can go in and get a kill and leave, then wait a bit before coming back in like he used to be able to. Oh and buff its lv1 stats, 20% attack speed and 25% movespeed? Before it was 40% and 40% and it could be refreshed.

This isn't a re-work. This is a VU with a huge random nerf.

To me your buff suggestions seem way over the top. And in the wrong direction, I think he is strong enough. The problem is you would have to change his abilitied completely to erase problems like no escape for example. If you build him a bit tanky (Spellbraker great item btw) and a bit teamwork hes absolutely raping his enemies at the moment. Imo.

pick me Azir

07-12-2013

i think there are two big problems with yi: his W and his E.

Still he is, like the old AD yi, superuseless versus HP stacking opponents, but HP is a stat u get from a lot of items. As you said u want to reward glasscanon yi, but his abillities should look more like %HP damage and a passive damage reduction in his W.

( W ) Meditate:
Passive:
Master Yi reduces incoming damage by 10/12/14/16/18%.

Active:
Master Yi channels, restoring 20/45/70/95/120 (+.3 AP) Health per second for 4 seconds. This healing is increased by 1% for every 1% of Master Yi's missing health.
While channeling, Master Yi reduces incoming damage by 0.7% for every 1% of Master Yi's missing health. This damage reduction is halved against turrets.

( E ) Wuju Style
Passive: Grants 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% bonus Attack Damage.

Active: Basic attacks deal additional 10/15/20/25/35 (+0.25 per bonus AD) plus 2/2.5/3/3.5/4% (+2% per 100 bonus AD) of the targets maximum health as true damage for 6 seconds (Maximum damage vs. monster is capped at 200). Afterwards the passive bonus is lost while Wuju Style is on cooldown

It deals around 150% true damage Vayne deals with her W if Master Yi's wont buy any additional damage. Thats pretty balanced i think because vayne is ranged and Yi melee. So he would be viable as a tanky fighter (jungle) or a AD glasscanon mid. His Q and E should scale decent in my opinion so he has atleast(!) 2 "bursty" abillities.

Sry but he needs a lot of damage since the new Yi's attack speed can be slowed what totally shuts him down.

EggersMcBraiden

Recruiter

07-13-2013

Quote:
SKiLLzN:

( W ) Meditate:
Passive:
Master Yi reduces incoming damage by 10/12/14/16/18%.

Active:
Master Yi channels, restoring 20/45/70/95/120 (+.3 AP) Health per second for 4 seconds. This healing is increased by 1% for every 1% of Master Yi's missing health.
While channeling, Master Yi reduces incoming damage by 0.7% for every 1% of Master Yi's missing health. This damage reduction is halved against turrets.

( E ) Wuju Style
Passive: Grants 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% bonus Attack Damage.

Active: Basic attacks deal additional 10/15/20/25/35 (+0.25 per bonus AD) plus 2/2.5/3/3.5/4% (+2% per 100 bonus AD) of the targets maximum health as true damage for 6 seconds (Maximum damage vs. monster is capped at 200). Afterwards the passive bonus is lost while Wuju Style is on cooldown

I like your Meditate suggestion, sounds quite good. But 10% True dmg per hit with 300 AD? Srsly? + Normal dmg + flat true dmg + crit + attackspeed? You are crazy dude

pick me Azir

07-15-2013

Quote:
EggersMcBraiden:
I like your Meditate suggestion, sounds quite good. But 10% True dmg per hit with 300 AD? Srsly? + Normal dmg + flat true dmg + crit + attackspeed? You are crazy dude

Ofcrs its a lot of damage but and afterwards i think the % damage is to high aswell. i just wantet to make the abillity scale well with AD. And its bonus AD awell so you have to buy 300 Bonus AD with is quite a full build (including armorpen and crit) and atleast 1 def item like
GA. Ofcrs you can build 5 BT and have around 600 bonus damage which causes your %truedmg to deal 16% true damage but 1.you die faster than anyone else 2.cc causes u to deal no damage and 3.Your Q and AA wont hit much because u need crit and armorpen

TL:DR
- %truedmg maybe to high but not as high as it seems and is scaling with bonus AD
- maybe (+1.2% per 100 bonus AD +0.8% per 100 AP
- trollbuilds with only AD wont work anyway

Dan70

08-17-2013

Master yi out ages ago ._.

LeveL Izorc

08-19-2013

Super! Je vien tout juste de recevoir mon code pour des Points Riot!

>> http://www.lolriotpointsgratuit.com <<