Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Master Yi hits the PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ququroon

QA Analyst

07-09-2013

Warm up those swordboots, it's time for Master Yi to enter the fray!

Please feel free to leave feedback in this thread regarding Master Yi or any related bugs you encounter. Your feedback here will influence the changes we make, as well as aiding us in our future champion Visual Upgrades.

In his Visual Upgrade, Master Yi is now decked out with a slew of changes to ensure optimal amounts of dunking. From head, to eyes, to boots, and to blade, Master Yi now looks as awesome as the damage he deals. Expect to see the Wuju Master live on through an updated model, all new animations, outstandingly awesome particles, sound effects and voice over! As always, the bros on the Relaunch team have updated all of the skins to fit this new look.

In addition to his Visual Upgrade, Master Yi has also received a good amount of kit tweaks! Solcrushed is on deck from the Live Design crew to check out all of the appropriate feedback.

Wuju kindly post any feedback and opinions below? Hit up the Fields of Justice and prove your skills!

For more information on Master Yi, please check out this thread: Here! (http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1278496)

fdffortheend

07-09-2013

ok just from tacking a glance.

it looks like in the stats, what you wanted yi to be.
but for me, we have a yi that well. umnmnnnnn, where does he belong?
doublestrike should be doublestrike and do what the name suggest. two strikes for 1 AA, nothing else, it can crit does full dmg and not reduced and no funky multipliers other than the ones you have in items/as, and should not have its counter go down with not being in combat, i Simply dont like it, it feels that if i wanna teamfight with a huge start i have to be in combat alot now to start a fight with that skill like i did before.

meditate, was not needed to be changed, it rewarded building anti armor/MR items and the heal is realle dismisable if you are forced to AD/bruiser with this dude the heal is out of place and should just be something more baselane with his style, instead of standing still with a heal that does, and with a ap ratio, feeeeeeeelllls slightly odd.

ok now for his E. YES its awesome its all i want for those pesky armor stackers i see this being your meta anti bruiser i will beat you up skill, it is in its core, near no counterplay outside CC, but that how it is supposed to be.
the passive bonus is neat for getting people into the killrange.

ok getting close. R ulti the big boom.
no longer big or boom and feels none yi.
no seriusly, i know ap yi is not intended and i know i play that... ALOT
and all i can say is a cant imagine a yi ulti, that does not reset all CDs fully and all teh things. it feels REALLY odd that its baselined and such, i dont think its yi worthy as i could sometimes chain 3 ulties together in a fight, kills are not nearly as rewarded with this version and it feels. out-of.what-yi-is. and i dont really like it. at all, i think it removes some of his core play from pre rework, you have shown us this can be done right riot, but im scared for this.

OK the biggets thing, of them all, personal treasure and all
his q.
first to get the load off my chest WHY RIOT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
second now to explain, AP was a thing IS a thing i like it. alot of people do. some hate it when they face it, some hate it in general, but you cant change, that its the more competetive version of him at the moment and is a good counterbalance to his ad "get in" style
and im sure im not the only one who wants ap yi to be a thing. alot of people do, Iknow you wanted to have yi be ad to start with but thats not how the "people" saw it, after a while ap yi became a thing and is a thing, i want it to stay a thing.
for what the skill actually does.
it fits his ad theme really well and with ap out of the picture with the only skill being his heal that uses ap, and his ulti becoming a bit akward, it fits him really well, does teh damages, gets the places, is up because AAs and is all teh good stuff, its what ad yi is needing and would push him there.
personally i hate the skill, from a diffrent standpiont its what yi should have in the end, its the skill he deserves, not the skill he needs.

im honestly hoping this turns out well, i want ap yi to stay a thing from the bottom of my heart, if you dont want it riot, take it away, but i will forever remember the days of ap yi in my heart.

all in all, i feel his ulti becomes less of a "the zone" and his power is shifted more towards the "non zone" and is probaly for the better, it just feels like a major loss of who he is, the q is much of what yi is today.

i hope any of this from "what i can see from the stats talk is" usefull and i still have to run a good amount of testing with him before i can say final verdickt, but this deffenitly is something that has its ups and downs.

EDIT: i need to remember, alot can go down before release so no final verdict till confirmation that what we see is what is comingg

Hi Son

07-10-2013

Im okay with all the changes actually, goodjob riot!

Bronze Johnny

07-10-2013

Now it would be nice to actually get on PBE...

Markus Vakarian

07-10-2013

i like him...that true damage with huge AS bonus is so nice

I tried him with full critic build
Infinity Edge (25%)
Phantom Dancer (30%)
Atma's Impaler (15%)
NEW ITEM i don't remember the name (20%)
Total 90% with more than 300 HP and nice resistance (about 150 armor and 100 MR)

I miss Lifesteal of course but i wanted to try this build.Also, he has a nice sustain for lane even without lifesteal,that's why i tried. An AD champions with bad sustain MUST have lifesteal
I miss also Armor Penetration but i think that this True damage (about 75-80 if i remember well) can be used only when facing enemies with high armor.It lasts 5 seconds and with Ulti On you probably can do like 8-9 attacks in 5 seconds,that's mean 10-11 because every 4th attack he strikes 2 times. 11 attacks with 80 true damage gives 880 total true damage.

DEA1201

07-10-2013

Here is my thoughts on Yi:
Double Strike (Passive): It's a good and needed buff for Yi. Because old Passive was hardly noticable. To manage gank with decent damage, you had to always stack it to 6 or 7 which was really frustrating.

Alpha Strike (Q): Early damage nerfed but it scales really well in late to bring AP Yi burst. I enjoy the animation it feels really smooth and feels great. And damage range is adjusted either great bringing it less random.

Meditation (W): Changing Meditation was the biggest mistake you did to Yi. I mean it. I loved it to use it to deny so lethal attacks (turret or abilities). But now its almost completely useless. The heal and damage reduction is just sad in all states of game. Even with added heal increase on lower health... it's way too low. When I activate it, for me it always feels like come and finish me, because I'm easily CCable and standing doing nothing.
My view to it: Early game 35s CD is way too high for such weak heal. Late I even won't try to use it in late - 60% reduction is nothing when I'm standing still being vulnerable.
Solution: Master Yi channels, restoring 25/50/75/100/125(+0.3*AP) Health per second for 4 seconds.This healing is increased by 2% (I don't think 2% is high increase, but it's reliable because higher % hp will heal you less) for every 1% of Master Yi's missing health.

While channeling, Master Yi reduces incoming damage by 40/50/60/70/80 %. This damage reduction is halved against turrets.

On current state you can't rely on this ability despite when you just stand still.

Wuju Style (E): It's a nerf early but buff while game progresses. This change brings me mixed feelings. In one hand it scales good with Alpha Strike as game progresses and true damage helps to kill tanky players in duels (despite you'll build Last Whisper anyway to ensure your Alpha Strike burst damage) but on another hand flat damage neft will hurt Yi a lot. Ganks will become a lot weaker, also because Yi doesn't have any kind of CC.

I'm not sure should this ability be changed but my solution is to add some early flat AD. Solution: Passive: Grants 5 plus 10/12.5/15/17.5/20 % (1) bonus Attack Damage.

Highlander (R): I really like that you changed active to passive form. This means that Yi won't need to waste 100 mana to Alpha strike again or go in combat always when Highlander is ready (good reason why Alpha Strike mana is increased). Attack Speed and Movement Speed nerf is also reasonable because it was impossible to avoid Highlander Yi early game while keeping Rank 3 stats in place.

Overall I like Master Yi rework making him good mid and late game. Animations and Effects are awesome. But Meditation needs to be fixed it's in really bad state atm as really long CD spell where Highlander on kill only reduces Cd to half. It's a must. (it's like removing ability to use Zonya Hourglass for Ap Yi which is interruptable).

xzero0150

07-10-2013

Why on earth, did you nerf his jungle so hard. The ONLY thing that AD yi had that made him even good enough to consider at higher skill levels, was that he had a very fast clear and it was very safe.

You nerfed:
His base heal on meditate at lv1
The damage he gains from wuju style
The damage at early levels for his Q
His base armour

The result is that his clear takes longer, and is less safe. He no longer clears anywhere near as fast as other junglers and therefore is now just a blatantly worse pick in the jungle than champs like shyvana.

So therefore he has to be relegated to lane. But his early game is bad too, no escape as before, all his early damage is gone (no 100% bonus on double strike to poke and no +15 AD and even his Q does less damage). You nerfed his early game in every single aspect to the extent he is pretty much unplayable in lane and jungle. But he IS a carry, therefore this would be kinda okay if his late game got a lot more powerful.

But it didn't, it's exactly the same as before, no actually it's worse.
He can't split push as hard, because if someone shows up and he burns his ulti for a kill then he can no-longer use it to escape as the refresh is gone.
He can't team fight as well because he can't dive in, get a kill and leave with the refreshed ulti, he has to commit. Which means you cannot build glass cannon yi anymore, its impossible on someone who has to commit to a fight. But if you build him tanky then his wuju style just ends up being pretty damn useless.

You just nerfed the old yi in every single aspect. His early game, his late game, his ganks, his jungle, his team-fights, his split pushing. He can't build durable and rely on wuju style and his ulti for damage... because they don't do enough without him building damage. You can't build damage without the ultimate refresh and just, what were you thinking? His mana costs on Q also mean that re-freshing outside of his ult is pointless because you use up all your mana.

The only thing you improved, was the VU. That was good, smoother animations and his Q is more responsive with how long he's unforgettable now being consistent and yeah its good.

But you just flat out nerfed him to be completely unviable in anything other than bronze and then thats only because poorly skilled players can't focus and even then he's not as good as before.

I suggest you seriously increase all of his base stats by a LOT to allow him to actually jungle. Reduce the mana cost on Q to something like 70/75/80/85/90, buff the level 1 heal on meditate to about 100, and then make his ultimate act like darius's, where getting a kill let's you reactivate it again for about 10 seconds so he can go in and get a kill and leave, then wait a bit before coming back in like he used to be able to. Oh and buff its lv1 stats, 20% attack speed and 25% movespeed? Before it was 40% and 40% and it could be refreshed.

This isn't a re-work. This is a VU with a huge random nerf.

Seleukus

07-10-2013

I feel like Yi will be somewhat popular for a few day and then just DIE because how nerfed he is... However, i have one question:

How does the Q crit work? Does it work just like a basic attack? if you have an IE and 500 dmg on Q, it can crit for 750 dmg? If it's not, it sux as hard as it did before (AD Yi uses alpha only to close gap), if not, maybe AP Yi will be preserved in AD form.

Vindgar

07-10-2013

Ths new heal feels very weak even at max lvl.

Yes before the rework it was really imbalanced, without interrupt you could litteraly tank 3 people.

But now even one person can kill you while you're in meditation, i don't know, it doesn't really feel right.

And also i have a bug to report on Yi's Q, the enemy can kill him while he is mid air and untargetable.

Seleukus

07-10-2013

That bug has existed for quite a while, Riot never cared. Cuz Master Yi is like Lelouch Lamperouge, he gets all the hate focused on him.