Critical Strikes, AP and Mages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Of Forest

02-07-2010

Critical strikes are imbalanced. Deals 2x damage. Thats impossible!
Many items for critical strike. No items VS critical stikes. Yes! You says buy armor, but many heroes cannot buy only armor if enemy team has Gangplank, Shaco, Tristana, Ashe and Tryndamere etc..
I dont see any Fiddle, Veigar, Anivia or other mages and support (Zil etc.) who buy armor in game VS heroes with critical strikes.
Lower critical damage 1,5x 1,33x or make items who damage, slow, stun, burn, snares etc. enemy if use critical.
Something for mages - armor with AP bonus.

Leaf Armor
Blasting Wand + Chain West + Leaf Armor
700+860+655
+50 Armor, +50 Ability Power

Ahri Nine Tails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2010

What did I just read...

HoMiNGHeaD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2010

This is a problem in almost every game, usually Phys Heroes have an advantage due to Criticals.

Cookieez

02-07-2010

However all chaps but Trynda need to get items to get ANY crit chance for starters.
Also, almost every mage has a disable spell, and since the enemy crit chance stacker needs items to get it, he can't afford that many armor items, therefore he is a lot more squishy.

Battlecruiser

02-07-2010

There will be crit items for casters. There will be armor items with AP. They already excist in the game files.

VileEvil

02-07-2010

They also removed base critical chance, so stfu casters, why I should buy Banshee for you, and you don't buy armor for me?

Trixy Fo Sho

02-07-2010

Imo buying armor as a mage is dumb, id rather go for the HP/survival AP items such as rod of ages or zonyas..

Bezerker

02-07-2010

Having armor on any mage that can also receive AP off this item would be a huge imbalance and would never happen in a million years.
If you do that, nearly all favour will tip to AP/Armor Ranged nukers, and you will completely erradicate melee heroes in this game. The whole point of a melee is - he takes damage from your disables/slows/stuns/nukes long before he's even in range of you so he's at probably 50% before even landing 1 hit on you. Melee heroes have the crit chances because without them they will finally reach you at 50%~ and then deal roughly 200 (avg) dmg per hit while your stats are still boosted by your AP.

I'm sorry but if you want to speak such nonsense you are really playing the wrong game. If ryze could cause the same amount of dmg now, and have his survivability booted by what is sure to be roughly 100% then I quit.

SandyFrink

Banned

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezerker View Post
Having armor on any mage that can also receive AP off this item would be a huge imbalance and would never happen in a million years.
If you do that, nearly all favour will tip to AP/Armor Ranged nukers, and you will completely erradicate melee heroes in this game. The whole point of a melee is - he takes damage from your disables/slows/stuns/nukes long before he's even in range of you so he's at probably 50% before even landing 1 hit on you. Melee heroes have the crit chances because without them they will finally reach you at 50%~ and then deal roughly 200 (avg) dmg per hit while your stats are still boosted by your AP.

I'm sorry but if you want to speak such nonsense you are really playing the wrong game. If ryze could cause the same amount of dmg now, and have his survivability booted by what is sure to be roughly 100% then I quit.
You're the one speaking non sense, ranged physical champions such as ashe, tristana and ezreal that also benefit from critical %/dmg have a much higher range than many casters.

Right now some AP items give MR (abyssal, lichbane) and some DMG items give armor (atma's). I don't know if they're planning on changing that, but if they are, it should go both ways.

Also, stacking sunfires on fiddle is good fun.

With love,

SandyFrink, valued LoL-EU member

Bezerker

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyFrink View Post
You're the one speaking non sense, ranged physical champions such as ashe, tristana and ezreal that also benefit from critical %/dmg have a much higher range than many casters.

Right now some AP items give MR (abyssal, lichbane) and some DMG items give armor (atma's). I don't know if they're planning on changing that, but if they are, it should go both ways.

Also, stacking sunfires on fiddle is good fun.

With love,

SandyFrink, valued LoL-EU member
Magic resistance items are in the game because spell dmg scales 100% more than melee dmg, the average pirate can crit 1000 with parrley for physical dmg, but veigar could nuke you for 1500+ in seconds if he lands his moves, meaning in general, they allow dps heros to build up MR due to the sheer amount of dmg casters can do just by stacking their primary stat (AP) don't try and flame when you don't know what you're talking about. Veigars ulti hits for a crazy amount, wheres people like pirate and trydamere have only got crit to roll with, and what's the highest amount of +phys dmg you can receive in game? I'm guessing roughly half of what AP hero's can build.
For example,
Infinity edge +80 dmg. (20% Crit)
Zhonyas Ring +120 AP (+25% Passive, meaning this item alone = 150AP + 2s Invul)

The fact that there are MR + AP items in the game is purely to limit the sheer nuke you can receive from magic heroes, and tbh, given the best items with no MR or Ar on either hero, ranged caster will kill melee dps every time.
You start introducing armor on ranged nukers who can already do 100% more dmg than physicals then your going to have some pretty overpowered stuff happenin.