Does Nocturne need a buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Täxn

30-06-2013

I don't know about you guys, but I feel he's just... ok. It's like something is missing.

He's mana hungry as heck.
Burst? What burst? And he's stated as an assasin D:

Maybe I'm just bad with him, but I still think he need a slight buff, if we compare him to the other champions.

Zavira

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-06-2013

He's fine, fast clears, slightly weaker ganks, but a gamechanging ult. Also versatile builds. Does require communication tho.

CppL

30-06-2013

he dont need buff.mb some ultimate tweaks.like then you activate ultimate you gain vision of all enemys in like 1500 range.cause sometimes you activate your ulti and baam enemy run in to the bush or smth and you lost the vision of him...so retarded.

Yarzahn

30-06-2013

Nocturne is one of those champions that pays for having an awesome ultimate with subpair scaling/ late game viability.
He's in the shen and tf club. I guess he's balanced.

EmilieSofia

30-06-2013

I can see what you mean, I play Nocturne as my main jungle champion and I am currently platinum 2 (I wouldn't say that's good but the way I play him, works for this league)

I have currently 142 ranked games played with him this season (note I started playing him in the beginning of this season) Nocturne is one of those champs where you are VERY ability reliant (in my opinion at least) you can barely afford to miss your Q, in most cases you will have to give up the gank if you miss. on top of that, using your W at the right time can be the difference between life and death.
Nocturne requires a lot more skill than most champs (imo) his rank 1 ulti is very weak with the current range, you are almost certain to be spotted by a ward by the time you are in range for using it (obviously depending on there positioning on the lane)

But to the main point: Nocturne is really strong if played correctly and build correctly however I think the main issue with him is the extremely low range ontop of a long CD on his rank 1 ulti compared to ultis like Shen and TF. But also his E is very tricky imo it takes way to long to tricker the fear from it compared to the duration of the fear, now I am aware of the fact that E deals damage until the fear is triggered however it's so little I would gladly trade that dmg for a faster channel to get that fear going. even the slightest cc and completely ruin your E, which is why W is so important.

Nocturne takes a LOT of practice unless you are naturally skilled and have good reflections and I'll have you know I only played 142 games and threatened to never play him ever again like 30 times. But I kept trying him because he is the most fun champ imo.

My early game tends to be very hard, theres a very high risk of dying the first 4-5 lvls when you try to gank because his kit is very skillbased, many games I actually end up dying 1 or 2 times within 10 mins cus I underestimate my opponents but I always get back and in most games I become Godlike at some point.

I don't know if this is too much rabble haha forgive me but, conclusion of my post is this:

I think theres a lot of champs that needs to be nerfed/buffed before Nocturne is touched but I would like to see improvements to his E and rank 1 R but mostly E

My current main build for him (in order):

Spirit of the Elder Lizard, Beserker Greaves, Bulwark, Ravenous Hydra, Frozen Mallet, 6th item will be up to you but if played right you can't go completely wrong with this build, Nocturne has insane farming abiltities and theres no reason not to abuse that! most games I have the same farm as top/mid lanes

Hope it helped and sorry for the wall!

Aozora Eyes

30-06-2013

Nocturne is a 100% viable pick and is used frequently competitively. There is nothing wrong with this champion. Yes, his ganks are very dependent on a 3 minute CD ultimate, but that is what CDR is for. He gets a lot of free stats, one of the better ultimates in the game (4k range gap closer + global vision denial). Is a lot of room to out-play opponents by using your spell shield also.

Täxn

30-06-2013

So if I get this correctly, If Nocturne is played perfectly he's viable, with that he requires lot of communication.

I guess a solution for this 'ok' feel would be. Greater reward for playing well, or less punishment for playing decent.

Very Nomible

30-06-2013

Totally agree, he has no burst at all other than his Q and AA's.

The Binary

30-06-2013

No.