@Riot - 9 month ago you promised rewards for lifetime RP puchases...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suq ma díq

28-06-2013

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...051846#9051846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hi all – I’ve heard your concerns with the summoner icon rewards and wanted to communicate more on the background of why these icons were created.

We have plans to provide players with permanent summoner icon rewards for many different things over the next several months, including lifetime RP purchases as well as good behavior in game. The Shadow Isles summoner icons were specifically designed to reward players for participating in the Shadow Isles and the Harrowing offerings, with some of the icons being extremely rare for those who provide the greatest amount of support. However, I understand the frustration of those who feel they haven’t been rewarded for past RP purchases, or for other contributions such as being a great player in-game, but I can assure you, it is coming.

[...]

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2696669
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...93064#30393064 (From NA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prail
I've spent something like $1,500 on this game. Such a slap in the face.

Guess it's delusional to think anything other than you guys are just after the next dollar though, right? : )
In the next several months you will have access to rewards that other don't because of your lifetime RP spending. This particular promotion has nothing to do with lifetime RP spending.
9 month ago Riot announced rewards for RP purchases including lifetime purchases...
Only thing they invented are rewards for buying RP in a period of time...

Now they even invetn icons of teams and are selling them...no reward for lifetime purchases...

Riot you are so disappointing and show that you just are interested in making money....

You cant be sure that you had no time for us players who spent so much money (600€+) in this game for 9 month... I just have no words for that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The icon rewards for lifetime RP spending are still a high priority, but to make them as cool as we'd like (automatically upgrading as you reach new tiers), they need some new tech that is part of a larger initiative. It now looks like that tech might not be ready until next year so we either have to wait on lifetime RP icons or come up with an interim solution that is less awesome. In general, Riot is more focused on the long term and would rather wait to do it right.

[...]
So why you want them to automaticly upgrade when you can just give icons based on money spent and then when they spent more and reach the point where it should upgrade, just give them an aditional icon... thats not rly hard to do and isnt rly a big difference as if it would upgrade. Also you said in the next several month nine month ago... sry that I say this but this "we want make them as cool as possible" seems to be just an excuse which you use to calm down players...

Why dont you release the option which I explained, that you gain an aditional icon instead of upgrading and when you are able to do the technical part that it auto upgrades you can change it. Thats not rly hard to do and noone would complain.

Just my opinion and how it looks to me and I bet many others...

DaniTheHero

28-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus Ascendant View Post
Riot you are so disappointing and show that you just are interested in making money....
That's the goal of every company.
If money wasn't the motive so many problems would be solved already,and some wouldn't even appear at the first place.
Face it the game is just to make them rich,providing with temporary solutions is just to make sure we keep playing and to shut us up.

Suq ma díq

28-06-2013

I will keep pushing this thread until I get an answer from Riot!

FML shes 14

28-06-2013

The idea was pretty hated, wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped it. But recently I read somewhere on Sur@20 that it was still in the works.

Suq ma díq

28-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML shes 14 View Post
The idea was pretty hated, wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped it. But recently I read somewhere on Sur@20 that it was still in the works.
Where was it hated?! Never seen someone complaining about it...

Rasta Wayne

28-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniTheHero View Post
That's the goal of every company.

It is not, my dad is dentist, and without my mom working as well, they couldnt afford to live as 2 people in an average house. He doesnt charge every single bit of his work, to make it cheaper, and affordable with the mindset of helping people with their health.

Dont know if u actually call it a company but hes the leader of the dental surgery center.

Its about the peoples mindset. Not them beeing a company or not.

Yesiamaduck

28-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasta Wayne View Post
It is not, my dad is dentist, and without my mom working as well, they couldnt afford to live as 2 people in an average house. He doesnt charge every single bit of his work, to make it cheaper, and affordable with the mindset of helping people with their health.

Dont know if u actually call it a company but hes the leader of the dental surgery center.

Health = Necessity
Video Games = Luxury

AND EVEN IF THAT IS THE CASE
Health and medicine is still all about the money in the majority of the world, that's why you can't get prescribed THC oil when you have cancer because the is too much money in other forms of cancer treatment despite the fact that THC oil has been reported to rapidly aid the cure of several forms of cancer.

As much as you'd like to believe so Riot isn't ran by a bunch angelic self righteous bunch of lads and ladettes looking out for the greater good. They may have their own personal beliefs but in order to keep the company alive they need to make money, why is the company alive to begin with? To make money!

That's not to say the is no passion amongst the staff but to think that a competitive game like LoL with a rich E-sport scene and a business model based around inflated micro-transactions isn't looking to turn a profit then you're kidding yourself.

That being said, it's bad practice to make a promise in public and then not stick to it, that's pretty bad on several levels.

DaniTheHero

28-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasta Wayne View Post

So your dad is a huge mutli dollar company?

The fact that your dad is NOT money hungry is why you are having money issuies.

Which brings it back to my point, if Riot wasn't money hungry,a lot of problems here would be solved, and some wouldn't even appear.

Suq ma díq

28-06-2013

Bumb.

nollywood

28-06-2013

hey guess what, for years they have said they will do something, and guess what they havent

this is EU so dont get your hopes up in getting a Red to reply.