Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tribunal FAQ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Speedylunar

10-09-2013

Well, basically it's up to you to decide Nickmeister. There's something to say for both pardon and punish.

Punish: you're degrading your opponents who gave it their all but in the end were unable to beat you (either because of mechanical skills or tactical decision making), and showing terrible sportsmanship. The Summoner's Code plainly says that you should try to show humility in victory. GG EASY is not humility. Like any match the game should end in a handshake. Gg easy is more like a spit in the face.

Pardon: In the end, if gg easy is the only thing that was 'wrong', you could consider pardoning because it's not that bad. Also, there are some who claim that it is not bad sportsmanship but (as in your example) telling the truth. I disagree with these arguments usually, but I would pardon if all he did was 'gg easy'. Usually, this is not the case though.

Tarzoo

10-18-2013

UNBANN ME :@ OMG WHY I HAVE BAN :@

Tm4

10-19-2013

Toxic player, flamer, troll pick, RACIST, noob, useless all game, refuse to communicate with team, refuse to engage when we needed, engage 1 vs 5 all the time, kid, on the queue he said that he was going to troll like a pro, joking with cancer and AIDS all day long.

Kid that doesnt have nothing to do go ranked and ruin the team composition because of the troll pick, team behavior because of the constantly flaming, ban this kid perm from ranked games, or just ban 4 ever

Speedylunar

10-20-2013

@ Tarzoo: make your own topic and we might be able to explain your ban to you. The ban will not, however, be removed. I am sure it was entirely deserved.

@ Tm4: report him after the game. Ban requests are not treated by Riot, just wait for him to be banned. Won't be long if the behaviour is as you described. Calling people 'useless, noob and kid' never made any friends either. I suggest you calm down.

guigui553

10-28-2013

Bonjour, je poste ce message pour proposer d'être plus sévère dans les sanctions parce que je vient de faire 3 parties dont a chaque parties une personne été AFK dans le jeux. Cela ma fait perdre 2 parties sur les 3. En classé cela ma déjà fait le coût et ceci m'énerve beaucoup car nous perdons des points de classé juste a cause de ces personnes AFK. Par la suite j'espère une améliorations des sanctions pour voir de moins en moins ces personnes là qui ne joue pas car ils ne sont pas à leurs poste qu'ils veulent ( exemples: mid,jungle,... ).

English :
Hello, I post this message to offer to be more severe in punishment because I just made 3 parts, each part has a person been AFK in games. This made ​​me lose 2 of 3 parts. In my already rated this cost and this bothers me a lot because we lose points ranked just because these people AFK. Eventually I hope one improvements sanctions to see fewer of these people out there who do not play because they are not their job they want (eg, mid, jungle, ...).

TheLolDestroyer

11-02-2013

Hello

TheLolDestroyer

11-02-2013

Hello

TheKillingSanta

11-06-2013

I hate the tribunal system, its filled with SO MANY kids that can't even handle a computer that just vote PUNISH on EVERY REPORT THEY SEE, I had some report cases which I said no ban and he still got banned and the reasons were NOT for ban what so EVER, no this is riot's fault to let ANYONE go on the tribunal and vote, this is my 4th time I get a ban and its all because of people like them!
Riot if you read this, put people in charge who are ACTUALLY conserned about the people who get banned that ACTUALLY read the reports, not EVERY SINGLE IDIOT ON THE INTERNET, NOT JUNIOR MEMBERS, NOT PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAD A BAN, make sure they do a SURVEY which is CONTROLLED by people from riot itself with not press and click questions but with personal questions and IF they did it good and are allowed to do the tribunal THEN you should let them choose but not like this, EVERYONE CAN TOUCH THE TRIBUNAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is NOT FAIR for ANYONE do you think banning people for a day or a week are gonna make them better?
NO because we are FILLED with ANGER after we are back and we know that we got a bigger chance to get a ban EVERY SINGLE TIME.
THIS IS IT RIOT STOP THE TRIBUNAL AND REMAKE IT! It is NOT working!

Speedylunar

11-07-2013

Punish spamming doesn't work, there are systems in place to prevent punish spammers from having any influence on the outcome of a case. The value of their decisions is quickly reduces to zero.

Temporary suspensions/warnings have been proven to help players reform, and most players do not see Tribunal again after one or two cases. There are, of course, some exceptionally stubborn players who keep returning and refuse to reform. They are dealt with eventually and get their account removed from the game. This last punishment (along with the 2 week punishment) gets checked by Riot staff members personally to prevent the Tribunal system from falsely giving out too high punishments.

Please don't talk about 'we'. You do not speak on behalf of the entire community and you do not speak on behalf of every punished player. You are speaking on personal title. So allow me to rephrase that for you:

Quote:
No, because I am filled with anger after I am back [from a temporary suspension] and I know that I have a bigger chance to get a ban every single time.

Make changes in your behaviour and you do not have to see Tribunal ever again.

Show us those reform cards in which you were falsely punished. Failing to do that, show us some statistically significant data which supports your theory that the Tribunal is constantly punishing innocent players. So far, the past half year on this forum I've seen two cases of a falsely punished player. Out of a total 30-something pages of raging at a Tribunal decision, this is a very, very low amount of false punishes, and the players in question received a warning and a short ban. There is no issue there.

Litendria

11-08-2013

thanks for information