What exactly is OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stormsurger

01-07-2010

For DECADES, us LOL players have constantly seen ragetreads on the Forums saying: ******* is OP becuz he/she killed me 30 times and i didnt kill once. Now what I would like to know is: What exactly do you mean by "OP". Are you saying that anyone can play and win with that hero? Or that a skilled player can rape with him/her? That last one applies for all champions. So tell me, What is OP?

EmileDragonsbane

01-07-2010

A champ not well balanced, in the strong side.

Thugblader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

OP = Over Powered
OP = Original Post (starter of thread)

Ahri Nine Tails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2010

On this forum. OP = anything that I can't counter and can't be bothered to learn how to D:

eLoox

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuno View Post
On this forum. OP = anything that I can't counter and can't be bothered to learn how to D:
Same for every multiplayer game out there.

Basura Nephilim

01-07-2010

heroes that have a natural strength, that cannot be countered by playing strong, but need multiple items to even the chances, and even more to beat them.

a lot of stuff can be countered with some good playing, and some easy tricks, but heroes with uncanny strong abilities to just kill...thats op isnt it?
its when you take all the other things out of the equation and actually try to compare killer / dps to tank and or nuke. think about it : 1 on 1 would they have a somewhat equal chance on survivability , dmg and other traits without items.

Saviour Star

01-07-2010

According to the guy above me, all stealthers are OP because it takes multiple wards and/or Oracles over the course of a match to counter them properly. Not so great criteria.

And while I'm here, +1 to Xuno.

demonize

01-07-2010

I feel sorry for those who is complaining about champions is being over powered or what ever. Of course you can get raped by a Shaco that is running around owning everybody, but chances is that guy who is playing the Shaco is a good player, or is fed, by you/your team. Also some people is just to narrow sighted that they can't realise that they're playing their champion wrong. I see this in every match, a spellcaster just standing there in melee range, pressing Q,W,E on the warwick, of course they die, of course the warwick will rape you.
And another thing, some players just lack the strategy mind, they can't predict whats going to happend if they go there, or do that. And they just google "*champion* super ownage guide" and follow that guide, getting lots of wrong items from that particular match, and they end up failing.

Majority in this game is inmature kids, that doesn't even bother reading and learning about the champion they are playing and the basics. All they want to do is to use that fire bolt and scream "ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND" and when they can't do that, they rage quit, go to the forums and cry about that Eve or Twitch who was so OP.
But I don't mind, I get lots of free kills and wins from those newbs, just don't complain about it.

Basura Nephilim

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saviour Star View Post
According to the guy above me, all stealthers are OP because it takes multiple wards and/or Oracles over the course of a match to counter them properly. Not so great criteria.

And while I'm here, +1 to Xuno.
should've known that would come around the corner.....
are you just trolling, or being dumb?

stealth heroes are squishy, their invis is compensated with lack of HP, one small CC is mostly enough to counter them, plus i for one...put wards under proper use of game knowledge and skills.....

But on the topic of that, i do think that early / mid those guys have a good advantage over a lot of other heroes, and i think there's no denying that (might be cause i play a lot of support styled, low hp heroes, and no im not a helpless dimwit, it just gets a bit harder to play properly)

Bibidiboo

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuno View Post
More so on the us forums.

Op = On-topic
OP=overpowered
and op is also original poster