Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Spotlight: Aatrox, the Darkin Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JeffPeng

06-11-2013

Quote:
Reliot:
i don't think, most of the champs are as op as they seem in champion spotlights, but these spotlights would be so much better, if they would tell us more often about weak points of an upcoming champ.

They actually "sell" those champs. You don't sell a car by saying "well, its great, it's comfy, it's green, but it's freakin slow and eats a lot of gas".

SanShine

06-11-2013

Quote:
Phreak:
<div class="cs-body"><div class="article-large-media" ><div class="media-youtube-video media-youtube-1"> <iframe class="media-youtube-player" width="575" height="323" title="Aatrox Champion Spotlight" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0gvBGmwhOLU?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Video of Aatrox Champion Spotlight</iframe></div></div> <p>Learn to dominate top lane through damage-heavy exchanges and potent lifesteal in the Aatrox Champion Spotlight.</p><p>Aatrox's combination of mobility and survivability enables a hyper-aggressive playstyle, punctuated by brazen dives and daring escapes. He excels at relentlessly pushing lanes, relying on his Dark Flight and Blood Well to evade incoming ganks. In team fights, Aatrox's mobility takes on a more offensive bent, allowing him to dive past tanks onto valuable back line targets.</p><p>Learn how to massacre your enemies with Aatrox in the Champion Spotlight, where we'll sample the Darkin Blade's tactics, masteries and more.</p> <style type="text/css">.cs-body p { margin:1em 0;}.cs-body img { border: 2px solid #cd8e2f;padding: 1px;margin: 0;max-width: 100%;height:auto;}.cs-body img.borderless {border: 0 none;padding: 0;}.cs-body a {font-weight: bold;}</style></div>

Can u nerf him a bit???
thumbsup if agree

JeffPeng

06-11-2013

Quote:
Antinomic:
I bet Udyr, Jax, Olaf and Elise beat the **** out of Aatrox. Stun and ignite and wave goodby to your so called op Aatrox.

I agree on Elise if she can land her net, absolutely on Jax and maybe Udyr. Olaf should lose trades if Aatrox has opportunity to recover inbetween them. But all in all stuns and roots should be able to shut him down. On the other hand I dont see him easily zoned out by ranged champs since he has a gap closer with a knockup followed by a slow on a average cd (16 to 12 sec)

Lostc4use

06-11-2013

All u guys do is QQ, he has a nice kit indeed, but call him op and request nerfs already? thats really, really, really retarded.
In my opinion any champ with a stun and ignite has a chance on aatrox, jax with stun ignite and the dodge will be a huge counter, im 100% sure. he relies on AA. I bet elise, panth, riven, udyr, irelia, will stand a chance, maybe nasus too (reduced attack speed from wither and ignite might work).
He will be op for the 1st week as any new champ, until ppl figure how to play against him.

Calm ur ginas.

Rewenger

Recruiter

06-11-2013

I beg you, match him against Darius or Teemo.

Z4hnf33

06-11-2013

I think this time you messed up big time,EVEN the commentator of the video says:"the enemy team notices that aatrox is a too hard target to take out so they focus his team instead,unfortunately for them aatrox does enough damage to rape them all and their mothers and grandmothers!!!" like wtf is wrong with you?NERF,I played him on the PBE and all I can say is NERF

Dragonjay

06-11-2013

I'm not very good at LOL but in my experience as top lane if I come across a champion that benefits greatly from life steal or some form of healing (Warwick,Nasus,Fiora etc.). I always rush the Executioner's calling and that seems to help a lot in 1v1 duels (completely shuts down Warwicks at my low elo).

Even though I agree he does seem OP from the spotlight. He seems heavily reliant on life steal and his built in sustain. So in my first match up against him I will definitely be rushing the Executioner's calling and seeing if that counters him at all before I start asking for nerfs.

Btw I'm not saying I'm pro or anything , infact I don't think I'm very good I just wanted to share that in my personal experience against life steal Executioner's calling works very well and I rarely see anyone build it.Maybe there's a reason for that in high ELO play but at my silver level Executioner's calling has served me well.

The Liad

06-11-2013

How can we get it?

jash96

06-11-2013

LOL! Justicar Aatrox = Credo from Devil May Cry

Vaylen Obscuras

06-11-2013

Quote:
jash96:
LOL! Justicar Aatrox = Credo from Devil May Cry

xD True! So that's why I lagged him from the start~
The way his attack animation looks like, especially in ultimate, he looks exactly like Credo.

Personally, I find Credo the most fun boss to fight against in DMC. He is challenging, has such nice movements and one can really DUEL this one(Other than most other bosses, except probably Dante - But Dante just owns your ass in any case xD)