Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Spotlight: Aatrox, the Darkin Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlaWe

06-11-2013

we have just few OP champs, lets make another one right!

Frosthazard

06-11-2013

I've been waiting for a melee vlad, this guy should be fun

Vaylen Obscuras

06-11-2013

Usually, I am not one to scream "OP" right off the bat, but this champ definetely seems like it.
High sustain+Hard to kill, due to how easy it is to keep blood well up. Due to bloodprice/passive, his damage stays high even when mainly building tanky, especially if he ults. He's got a very good escape and a quick, long range dive - kind of like zac, only in better. Then he has the advantage of being manaless, making him a powerful laner.

So, a powerful ganker and duelist with lots of survivability, much pushing power, very much lane sustain that can build tanky without losing fatally much damage, quickly making him unkillable with a bit of hp stack. Well, better nerf Irelia~

Twekee

06-11-2013

imo, this champ looks awful.

Vulcael

06-11-2013

---

JeffPeng

06-11-2013

Quote:
Vulcael:
If you happen to buy a Tear of the Goddess, will it charge when spamming his W? Because the cooldowns between the toggles are very short, right?

And what actual use would that have? Muramana does not work on champs that have no mana, and as Aatrox is -manaless- he neither has any mana, nor does he benefit from it even if he had some. What I'm wondering more about: does hiw w proc the sheen effect? It shouldn't, such as singed's q does not, but.... well. Still wondering.

btt: Yeah, he seems terribly strong, actually. I think we'll see him built more tanky ranther than the suggested offensive built, since he has great initiation and his toggle seems to provide decent damage combined with the ult and a full bloodwell even without going heavy on ad. Having BTORK and BT on him seems mandatory, but aside from that RO, Mallet and Spirit Visage seem like good options for high durability for me making him a real pain the backside.

Edit: Or hey - just build GA - for maximum frustration.

HaniBaL333

06-11-2013

FIX LAG SPIKES FOR GODSAKE

Malleus Malefica

Recruiter

06-11-2013

Sorry people, but In these spotlights all the champs look op. But in real life there no op champs only op players. I bet Udyr, Jax, Olaf and Elise beat the **** out of Aatrox. Stun and ignite and wave goodby to your so called op Aatrox.

Reliot

Recruiter

06-11-2013

i guess, he'll be like mordekaiser with an escape.he needs to push the lane for sustain, so freeze it. but since he has a good escape, it seems like a very strong early game, so i would guess, his late game scaling should be weak. on the other hand, phreak tells us, how atrox scroes a tripple kill without any effort...

i don't think, most of the champs are as op as they seem in champion spotlights, but these spotlights would be so much better, if they would tell us more often about weak points of an upcoming champ.

Reyn

06-11-2013

I tougth we are in april fools again Oo... Well if you are just going to pour OP champs in the game kind sir, you might as well nuke a country kind sir