Give us "Warded" instead of "Danger" ping.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caladobolg

09-06-2013

We can easly use default V instead of "danger", so its kinda not needed. And imo warded ping would be really usefull, so i am asking Riot to change it as suggested. As i am mid laner, i usually need to relieve pressure or miss 1 cs to ping and write manually "warded".So, this kind of ping would be really helpfull.

Same thread got pretty nice support by players at EUNE, but got ignored by Riot completly (why doesnt this surprise me anymore?). So, i am posting this idea here too. Tell me what you think.

DoktorBees

09-06-2013

Indeed. The danger ping is useless when we got the V key ping. Very good point here

Cardiac Arrest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2013

Do iiiiiiit!

Dr Exlerth

Wrenchman

09-06-2013

I've been thinking about this as well and I can't really see why we need the danger & careful ping. I rather ping about wards with a ward ping, than pinging about danger. I mean.. when something is dangerous, you have to be careful, aye?

Good idea, and a free bump to you!

vaaaaaaaaaan

09-06-2013

BUMP!

Sali Vader

09-06-2013

+1
And something to say whether it's a green or pink ward (quite useful when jungling as Evelynn)

Caladobolg

09-06-2013

^ Good thinking, but there is no more place to make warded "pink" and "normal" ping. You would just need to tell team to ping it once for normal ward, and twice for pink

Chelleyon

09-06-2013

danger ping is so useless yellow one does the same thing

Kimsaan Nom Nom

09-06-2013

This is a great idea!

HighDive

09-06-2013

Great idea!

Edit: I also agree that because we got a "be careful" ping, the "danger" ping is quite.. useless. As a result of this, the danger ping is much much less likely to be used. In fact, I probably see one or two danger pings every 10 games, while I probably see a 20ish "be careful" pings a game! Quite a difference if you ask me!
Since the idea of having multiple pings is really great, you mustn't create too many pings as then it becomes hard to select the correct one "in a flash", because the target area would become too small for each ping, in my opinion. Therefore I fully support the idea of replacing the "danger" ping with a "warded" ping.

In my opinion it should have three effects:
1) If no ward is selected it should simple say something like "it is warded here!"
2) If an enemy ward is selected it should say something like "enemy ward here!"
3) if an allied ward is selected it should say something like "friendly ward here!"

Colors should/could be adjusted too, depending on which one of the three scenario's is occurring: green for friendly, red for enemy, yellow for neutral?
Of course this could bring the problem that it has the same color as the other pings, so perhaps: ally on it's way blue, normal ping white, ... ? I believe this would pretty much solve the entire problem!

Hopefully this does attract some sort of Riot comment, because this really is one of the better suggestions out there, if you ask me!

HighDive

1234511 ... 19