Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Aatrox (visual suggestion)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfender

06-07-2013

Hi there.

I'm not too much keen of writing posts on the LoL forum, but I had an idea for my beloved new champ, Aatrox.

I don't own anymore an PBE account (because I don't remember my password and don't have the client), but I do saw pictures, reviews, etc...

Maybe it's just me, but... I kinda see Aatrox pretty "ugly" with the wings. I'll explain myself... I do like the idea of the demon wings, it suits him very well, but not forever. I mean, when he walks, his wings look like clothes on a hanger. My idea would be this one: take off his wings from the basic model champ, and make them appear when he uses his ultimate.

The wings are VERY cool, I really like them, and the demon concept, etc... But I see it ugly, having the wings kind of permanent. Would be amazing if the wings showed up when he ultimates. That would be more... exciting, the transformations or visual changes always rocks!

So here's my work done in 10 minutes, just to show how I would like Aatrox look like. The left would be with the ultimate on (with his look, glows, effects changes, obviosly) and on the right, the basic model.

-----------
http://i41.tinypic.com/2mz9myw.jpg
-----------

Sorry for **** quality and unconscious grammar mistakes. I don't know if the change would mean a lot of work for the Riot design developers, or even if the LoL community will agree with me.

I know, isn't big deal the wings stuff, but Aatrox it's an awesome champ and with this post I think he could be more awesome.

Waiting for your thoughts. Cya!

Wolfender

06-08-2013

I was thinking, and ended up with a conclusion... He could have the wings (to appear) when he ults, or he uses his E (if I don't get wrong). I mean, during the animation. For example, I think he has to jump a bit when he uses his E. Well, when he jumps, the wings appear for the X animation duration, and dissapear when he lands.

Let me know what you think guys.

XxFmmmxX

06-09-2013

I think that the epicness showed from the reveal isn't showed in the 2D model.

Malacaii

06-16-2013

personally I like the wings, they look line banners and considering his main lore comes from him being a great warrior In battle I think he Is fine how he Is. In saying that I totally see where you are coming from. But If you take the wings away he looks a bit bland, maybe If he had a cloak or some armour or something It would be better.