Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A note about recent server downtime & compensation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Popey

06-04-2013

****ing joke

Beats29

06-04-2013

Quote:
RepartoAmor:
IP WIN BOOST GJ RIOT U TROLLED US AGAIN

lol dude, even if we all prefered some RP (some skin would be nice), 20 win boost is still a bit.

Lynléire

06-04-2013

Whilst I don't have a problem at all with the 20 win IP boost and think it's very kind of you, despite the server issues... You will have to explain why EUW got a 20 win IP boost compared to the 10 Win, 1000 RP, Limited Edition Sona Skin which Korea got. There's a slight difference in value, but I don't know how bad the Korean servers were. Either way the community will want an answer, good luck!

Zagan97

06-04-2013

IM STILL WAITING FOR MY 1000 RP + SONA + LIMITED SKI + 10-WIN IP BOOST.
RIOT HATES EUW, THAT'S ALL.

Klakï

06-04-2013

Lol riot you are a joke ..

bl0bby

06-04-2013

One question, why did Korea get RP and a Limited Skin but EUW won't be?

Beats29

06-04-2013

Quote:
bl0bby:
One question, why did Korea get RP and a Limited Skin but EUW won't be?

They didn't.

dogie

Recruiter

06-04-2013

Wow, really?

AmanRevenger

06-04-2013

you got to be kiddin. Korea gets a limiti non available skin + 1000 RP + 10 Win IP boost for 5 Days, we get 20 Win IP boost for FREAKING WEEKS of Issues?

GJ, you just shot yourself in the foot. With a shotgun.

This is nothing but a slap to the Face of EUW again. And I had some faith that we get equal treatment

You even ADMITTED it was the Same Issue on Korea. And now you give us this ****.

loner10

06-04-2013

Quote:
Demorphic:
<div class="cs-body"> <p>Hello community,</p><p>Recently, EUW experienced a pretty rough patch of degraded service and downtime, starting around May 18th and continuing off and on until recently. We've identified and mitigated the root cause of the issues, so wanted to take a moment to reflect on the situation a bit and talk about compensation!</p><p>As League players ourselves, we're keenly aware of how much it sucks when you can't log in and play. We know how it feels to get booted out of a game, or to lose a ranked game because the servers took a dive. It's intensely frustrating and frankly unacceptable.</p><p>The overwhelming growth of the League of Legends community has constantly surprised and humbled us. EUW in particular has been an extremely fast-growing platform, hitting new record peaks on a regular basis. As a result, we're kind of in uncharted territory when it comes to scaling an online game service. Occasionally this means things have broken in unexpected ways. Members of our technology team in Europe and back in Los Angeles have been hard at work to scale the infrastructure behind League of Legends and provide a game experience that meets your expectations.</p><p>We also know that communication to players on EUW hasn't been optimal, and that's been a problem for a long time. We're working on a comprehensive plan to improve this for European players (speaking of which, we've got&nbsp;<a href="http://www.riotgames.com/careers?department%5B%5D=21&amp;location%5B%5D=11&amp;search=">20 open positions</a>&nbsp;for the community team in Dublin - come help us make the experience better for European players!). As a first step, we'll be holding an AMA on Wednesday with technology leadership at Riot to explain in more detail some of the problems we've found and solved. We will also talk about what goes into running the League of Legends service in Europe. Join us in General Discussion&nbsp;<strong>this Wednesday June 5 at 6pm GMT+1</strong>&nbsp;<strong>with</strong>&nbsp;<strong>senior technical Rioters based in Dublin and LA.&nbsp;</strong>If you have any questions or concerns regarding the EUW server, come along and join in the conversation right here in General Discussion.</p><p>Finally, on the subject of compensation: we'll be giving a 20-win IP boost to all players who encountered issues on EUW between&nbsp;May 18th&nbsp;and May 30<sup>th</sup>. We hope you accept this as a gesture of apology for not only the most recent server issues, but also for the subpar experience players on EUW have had in recent months.</p><p>We want to thank you all for your understanding and for bearing with us as we battled those pesky yordles in our systems.</p> <style type="text/css">.cs-body p { margin:1em 0;}.cs-body img { border: 2px solid #cd8e2f;padding: 1px;margin: 0;max-width: 100%;height:auto;}.cs-body img.borderless {border: 0 none;padding: 0;}.cs-body a {font-weight: bold;}</style></div>

You talk about poor communication I will give some feedback, this once more was a show of poor communication towards us. Riot said Tuesday yet you did not post on tuesday, TBh it is not very considerate of Riot to work in NA time on EUW forums, it are little things like this that only enforces that Riot genuinly could not care less for EUW.

I am not going to complain about the compensation but I do hope that in the future Riot will be consistent about this and not give other communities way more for less problems, like has been the case with korea now. Also I get somewhat the feeling you wish to bribe of the poor treatment of Riot towards EU woth these 20 ip boosts, in all honesty I prefer getting none and Riot actually getting their act together, but I know it won't happen.