Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

MeDroiD teaches you how to stream v2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inb4 404

06-07-2013

Quote:
Caridor:
Trust me, it's not my internet connection and I am in the process of building a new one, I just wanted to start shoutcasting again in the meantime.
Used to do it alot, even casted some tournaments

Then proceed in the rebuild ^^

It took me around 600$ here in spain to get a new mobo, power supply, i5 3.2, nvidia 640 and 8 ram gb, + pc case, 1tb hdd etc. Nowadays an 'average' pc is cheap as **** ^^

LightfIame

06-07-2013

i love this rioter :3

Riot MeDroiD

Community Manager

Follow MeDroiD on Twitter

06-08-2013

Quote:
Caridor:
I've found Xsplit to be a real computer hog.
My machines fairly old now (6 years), could it just be a power issue or is there some way to lower it's affect on my computer?

So, I'm not sure what do you mean by a computer hog, but Xsplit uses mainly Processor power, so in order to have a very good stream, you'd need (as an advice) a very good i5 processor or an i7.

I've worked with several i5's and the experience I've had is that most of them do not work as smooth as what I thought they would.

I7's are mostly working very smoothly, so I'd recommend this kind of processor to work with in case you'd plan to get a PC to stream.

Internet connection is something needed, but won't get any PC resources. The more upload speed you have, the better. With around 2mb upload speed you should be able to stream at a good quality, although I'd recommend having 3mb or more, to set up a bitrate around 1500 or 2000, that would allow you to stream at 720p or 1080p without any "refresh" issue (not sure if that's the correct word in english).

Hope it helps!

Guys, if you have any question, I'll take a look on the thread minimum once a week, so feel free to ask anything you did not understand or you don't know how to do

Cheers!

Quote:
Valkyrie Diana:
i love this rioter :3

But is it true love? <3

Clunch

06-08-2013

Is there a way to learn shoutcasting without having to stream? because i know my laptop wouldn't handle the game and streaming at the same time i think. But i love to talk

Riot MeDroiD

Community Manager

06-08-2013

Quote:
Clunch:
Is there a way to learn shoutcasting without having to stream? because i know my laptop wouldn't handle the game and streaming at the same time i think. But i love to talk

Well, it's all about the practise, but I'm not sure how possitive it would be to start shoutcasting without being able to share your voice and comments with viewership.

If you plan to stream in the future and want to start learning shoutcasting, I'd recommend you the Shoutcaster Guide from Leigh Smith. There you'd be able to get tons of information on how to develop your skills. You could start shoutcasting just to practise, not streaming, but you'd definitely need to stream as a shoutcaster if you really want to, first, show your talent, and secondly, develop your skills from community's feedback!

Here's a video from Deman giving a lot of hints and advices to players who want to become shoutcasters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jaophg-twM

Good luck man!

DG4ever

06-08-2013

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/21513982#stream

Could you check and tell me the quallity? Just did some tweaking due to ur tables....

Diexna

06-09-2013

Right, I have now tried both Xsplit and Open Broadcast Software, and OBS seems suprierior by far. It doesn't have a big flashy and clunky interface, it's completely free and offers more options because of it (unless you want to pay xsplit), and allows for higher quality streaming with less fuss, etc etc.

It just instantly worked much better than I could have hoped from the very beginning.

KING DGAF

06-09-2013

MeDrioD, do you get money for advertising a paid product?

Riot MeDroiD

Community Manager

06-09-2013

Quote:
DG4ever:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/21513982#stream

Could you check and tell me the quallity? Just did some tweaking due to ur tables....

I'm sorry you were offline when I checked it. But remember Twitch records automatically your streaming sessions, so you'll be able to watch it by yourself!

Quote:
KING DGAF:
MeDrioD, do you get money for advertising a paid product?

Answer is no, it's just the program I've used the most and the one I feel most confident with. Already mentioned in the guide that OBS is also an awesome choice, and this guide could also help those who are using it =)

FML shes 14

06-09-2013

Okay, I'm going to try set up a stream using this guide, I'll tell you how it goes!
(edit)

I got it working but I was getting high ping spikes, like in the 300s. It was fun to try and to, but I don't think I'll continue streaming.

Thanks! Good guide!