Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

MeDroiD teaches you how to stream v2.0

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rincewind

Senior Systems Administrator

Follow Rincewind on Twitter

06-07-2013

@Inb4 404 Welcome to the 1000001 guide.

Medroid is an experienced streamer. The spanish community has responded quite well to his engaging streams and guides. Players who are getting started on streaming could take tips from him on how to engage and retain viewership. He is good in role but totally sucks at AP Tryndamere.

Suq ma díq

06-07-2013

The image you got for the stream settings is outdated... (or is it cause I have premium?)

http://puu.sh/3awWQ

Inb4 404

06-07-2013

Quote:
Rincewind:
@Inb4 404 Welcome to the 1000001 guide.

Medriod is an experienced streamer. The spanish community has responded quite well to his engaging streams and guides. Players who are getting started on streaming could take tips from him on how to engage and retain viewership. He is good in role but totally sucks at AP Tryndamere.

I'm an spanish streamer myself too, and I do appraciate any tip and help to the new players any member/staff can provide! ^^

Caridor

06-07-2013

Really nice guide, very helpful for amateur streamers.

Diexna

06-07-2013

Quote:
Joshin IV:
Open Broadcast Viewer is a nice fancy streaming kit I use. It's also 100% free as an alternative to Xsplit

I've actually been looking for an alternative to Xsplit. I'll check this out.

Inb4 404

06-07-2013

Quote:
Diexna:
I've actually been looking for an alternative to Xsplit. I'll check this out.

Yes, I've been using OBS and it works perfectly ^^

Riot MeDroiD

Community Manager

Follow MeDroiD on Twitter

06-07-2013

So, about the images being outdated, that's true, but the older images show the same options and they are much clearer, at least in my opinion. That's why I've let them the way they are right now, since everyone will be able to adapt it

Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is a great tool as well, mentioned in the guide , and I managed to set up it by using this guide as well. The main difference I see between both is how to navigate through the settings. Both run excellently for me

Cheers!

Caridor

06-07-2013

I've found Xsplit to be a real computer hog.
My machines fairly old now (6 years), could it just be a power issue or is there some way to lower it's affect on my computer?

Inb4 404

06-07-2013

Quote:
Caridor:
I've found Xsplit to be a real computer hog.
My machines fairly old now (6 years), could it just be a power issue or is there some way to lower it's affect on my computer?

If you want to stream, how to say this, a GOOD stream, you'll need good internet as the main thing, and to run everything smoothly a decent pc is also recommended.

Caridor

06-07-2013

Quote:
Inb4 404:
If you want to stream, how to say this, a GOOD stream, you'll need good internet as the main thing, and to run everything smoothly a decent pc is also recommended.

Trust me, it's not my internet connection and I am in the process of building a new one, I just wanted to start shoutcasting again in the meantime.
Used to do it alot, even casted some tournaments