ARAMs...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nestrew

03-06-2013

This truly is the random queue.

What is your favourite champion to get?
What is your worst reroll ever?
Best ARAM champ?
Best ARAM item?
Weirdest moment?
Best story?

Also - If you could design a "perfect" ARAM team, what would it be?

I'd choose - Blitz, Cait, Lux, Jayce, Galio

or perhaps another theme:

Janna, Sona, Varus, Zyra, Amumu

Also has anyone else noticed if you reroll a bad ARAM champ, you almost always get another bad one, but if you reroll a good ARAM champ you find boring, you get another good one.

Esthlos

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by elena x2 View Post
Janna, Tristana, Katarina, Lux, Jayce.
Heavy poke with mixed damage, strong disengagers and cooldown resets on kill and assist, meaning easy pentakills for Katarina and/or Tristana whenever the enemy team gets low enough.
Also, Tristana is a lategame tank melter... if the enemy somehow survives to lategame and manages to get so tanky to live through the poke and keep engaging after being repeatedly knocked back, AD Tristana can make a short work of them.

Quote:
I'd choose - Blitz, Cait, Lux, Jayce, Galio
I disagree... in my opinion, this team counters itself.
Galio and Blitzcrank are strong initiators while Lux and Jayce (the latter depends mostly on the build) are pokers with mediocre teamfighting; with a strong poke composition you should want disengagers, not initiators.

Quote:
Janna, Sona, Varus, Zyra, Amumu
The last thing you want is a Monsoon to save the enemy team from the Amumu+Zyra+Sona combo.
This team relies on strong initiation and AoE damage; with Janna though, this team counters itself.
I'd put Fiddlesticks instead of Janna here... this would keep the poke but add lots of CC on a short cooldown and a strong AoE that synergizes well with Amumu, Sona and Zyra.

Alarzark

03-06-2013

Lux
Nidalee
Jayce
Yi
Kog'maw

Nestrew

03-06-2013

The thing with lux+jayce +the other 3 is that the team is based on lux bind -> poke for kill, meaning lux bind/e, cait q, jayce q, galio q. or blitz pull and the same combo. this is a 1shot 1 kill team, but when the teamfighting comes, and u havent got a choice but to fight, lux does some heavy aoe damage, blitz/galio should have enough cc to peel for the caitlyn, with jayce having the disengage/engage and keeping them low. the point of galio/blitz is purely to execute low members for the tower push. poke teams have to kill stuff eventually.

The second team, no idiot janna is going to monsoon and counter her entire team comp. the monsoon is simply a heal. you build AP poke with her q, and varus, then you heal up the entire team and teamfight, with amumu/sona/zyra/varus ults with janna knocking up 5 with q, and u have the shield for varus to clean up. Varus is the carry here, the rest are support based. monsoon should only EVER be a heal in ARAM.

Lagemat

03-06-2013

Jayce, Nida, Janna, MF and maybe amumu or Malph as the last pick

Pyre

03-06-2013

Yi Teemo blitz galio trist

Nestrew

03-06-2013

in pure poke comps the best champs are:

nidalee, jayce, lux, ziggs, varus, caitlyn, janna. possibly brand.

for engage:

amumu, blitz, galio, thresh, leona, maokai.

for sustain:

janna, sona, soraka, alistar, nidalee.

adc's are required here tho.

Really wish there was a 5v5 ranked for this map. draft pick.

Ruffio Crowley

03-06-2013

What is your favourite champion to get?
Sona-- allows me to go mage sona for a change

What is your worst reroll ever?
Not had one personally-- but saw a zyra change to Malphite once despite us needing Zyra's range more

Best ARAM champ?
Soraka - I dunno, always do well when I get her.

Best ARAM item?
Ellysia's Miracle

Weirdest moment?
I reroll Fiora to Ziggs, swap Ziggs for Soraka, then everybody wants Soraka |-:

Best story?
Triple killing with Fiddlesticks as soon as I hit 6

Lux, Nidalee, Tristana, Janna(/Ali-- if played right, he's a pretty good disengage for his team), Jayce

Caridor

03-06-2013

Fave champ: Kog'maw. AP up in this *****!
Worst Reroll: Cho gath
Best Aram champ: Since I re-roll nidalee, lux or master yi, I have to say Malphite or Brand.
Best item: Shureilia's reverie
Wierdest moment: Tibbers killing me. I thought we were friends (syndra did it)
Best: Getting dived on the tower as Ziggs, 5v1, throws a wild bomb, killing nidalee, ding's lvl 6, immediate ult and Quadra kill (**** you morgana)

Esthlos

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by elena x2 View Post
The thing with lux+jayce +the other 3 is that the team is based on lux bind -> poke for kill, meaning lux bind/e, cait q, jayce q, galio q. or blitz pull and the same combo. this is a 1shot 1 kill team, but when the teamfighting comes, and u havent got a choice but to fight, lux does some heavy aoe damage, blitz/galio should have enough cc to peel for the caitlyn, with jayce having the disengage/engage and keeping them low. the point of galio/blitz is purely to execute low members for the tower push. poke teams have to kill stuff eventually.
This is still a poke composition with no strong disengagers... any initiation -even Blitzcrank wrongly grabbing an enemy tank- should kill them.
Also, Lux does do some AoE damage, but I wouldn't call it "heavy" simply because pretty much anyone can do better (Annie, Brand, Karthus, even Xerath, just to name a few).
Lux's poke is great, but her cooldowns are too long and AP ratios too low for her to be actually good in teamfights.
Jayce has to choose: if he builds for poke, he'll melt very fast in teamfights, while if he builds for fights his poke will not be very strong; in addition, he can knock back only one enemy, and to do that he must be in Hammer stance... I wouldn't call that a strong disengage.

Quote:
The second team, no idiot janna is going to monsoon and counter her entire team comp. the monsoon is simply a heal. you build AP poke with her q, and varus, then you heal up the entire team and teamfight, with amumu/sona/zyra/varus ults with janna knocking up 5 with q, and u have the shield for varus to clean up. Varus is the carry here, the rest are support based. monsoon should only EVER be a heal in ARAM.
Soraka can do a way better job at healing the team than Janna can, and her Q fits the composition way better. Also, to use Janna's Q for poking you have to actually let her poke and not engage... which is not actually a viable option, since the team is overall focused on strong teamfighting.
Soraka's heal is also more valuable than Janna's shield for cleaning up (it restores HP and gives an Armor buff, in addition to Soraka's passive and to her silence).
Still, I think Fiddle fits better in this team... his ulti is one of the strongest AoE skills in the game, his E is a good long range not dodgeable poke, his passive lowers the whole enemy's team Magic Resist (meaning that Fiddlesticks, Sona, Amumu, Zyra and Varus will all hit harder with their skills), and his very strong CCs on a low cooldown make him one of the best peelers in the game.