Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][WHY?]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BurbonBread

06-02-2013

Rengar has a very very low hp5, why ?

for example akali has double his hp5 when she already has spell vamp to get her more sustain.

I love playing rengar, and I'm honestly not bad at it,

I played him top,mid and jungle, I even had to support once because my team trollpicked.

And yes he has a heal with 5 ferocity W, but that's pretty weak knowing that it requires to go melee range often to have 5 ferocity fast, and that his base health regen is one of the lowest, maybe even the lowest. and that makes the laning really really hard if you are not facing a totally braindead player that never hit you, or a champ that has absolutely no poke / instant reaction damage. which is basically almost no champion and no player.

DeadPuddle

06-03-2013

thats interesting that you've brought this up, i'm also a fan of rengar and i can't find the old stats but i think i know why.

his old W as you probably know healed off a % of his max health(if he had full ferocity), riot changed this after his large nerf and settled it on the static values it has now, his health would have been low due to how his W used to function, too much health would mean the heal would be too strong. i suspect riot never changed his health during his nerf and thats why his health remains low

it also suits the style and feel of the champion, as he's not suppost to be an unstoppable tank killing machine, he's based on a feline hunter after all, and felines ambush weak and vulnerable prey. thats the essence of rengars play and charm

ProjecL

06-04-2013

Quote:
DeadPuddle:
it also suits the style and feel of the champion, as he's not suppost to be an unstoppable tank killing machine, he's based on a feline hunter after all, and felines ambush weak and vulnerable prey. thats the essence of rengars play and charm

nope, Rengar is based off Predators from Predators franchise and the crossover Aliens vs Predators. Predators are a race of beings that hunt dangerous creatures for sport and fame, taking their skull(usually heads) as trophies which is exactly what Rengar does and why after he kills a Kha'zix in The Hunt is On! even he get's the Head of Kha'zix replacing the bonetooth necklace

DeadPuddle

06-09-2013

Quote:
ProjecL:
nope, Rengar is based off Predators from Predators franchise and the crossover Aliens vs Predators. Predators are a race of beings that hunt dangerous creatures for sport and fame, taking their skull(usually heads) as trophies which is exactly what Rengar does and why after he kills a Kha'zix in The Hunt is On! even he get's the Head of Kha'zix replacing the bonetooth necklace

also true, a lot of his lore and item sets are based on the predator series (of which i am a fan) but when questioned about his mechanics one of the developers mentioned his ambush passive and ult are suppose to be seen as how a lion would hunt on the serengeti

BurbonBread

06-09-2013

Whell after some hard train and build chance I managed to make it viable (even pawned hard some singed and garens in top lane.

(happy to discuss that in game)

but still a champ with only half the hp regen of any other is lame.