Check your ping outside the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynothoglys

29-05-2013

Just saw this on the NA forums and thought i could send it here and made it easier for us in the EuW.
Open Cmd

The advanced way ( see below )
::Europe-West
:EW
ECHO You chose the Europe West Server ping test.

set /p "=Checking 95.172.65.1 ..... " <nul
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('ping -n 15 95.172.65.1') do @set foobar=%%a
for %%a in (%foobar%) do SET avgms=%%a
echo %avgms%

set /p "=Checking 64.7.194.1 ...... " <nul
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('ping -n 15 64.7.194.1') do @set foobar=%%a
for %%a in (%foobar%) do SET avgms=%%a
echo %avgms%
goto end

Or the easy way ( Type this in cmd )

ping 95.172.65.1 -t

Ping 64.7.194.1 -t

Easy lemon squeeze

Credits to Saint Goldenboy
and DaGeek247 NA.

MCdecay

30-05-2013

i may be a complete computer noobie but i dont think the average lol player wil understand this either

Reventón

24-09-2013

With this ping 95.172.65.1 -t I got 40ms in average, and with Ping 64.7.194.1 -t I got 180ms in average ( already too much ), but in game I got from 700 to 1300ms .. And with speedtest I got 40ms too ..
So how do I get this so high ping in game ?

Cynothoglys

29-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCdecay View Post
i may be a complete computer noobie but i dont think the average lol player wil understand this either
First, open your start menu then type > cmd once the new window is open type >> Ping 95.172.65.1
And for endless checking just add -t, Ex ping 95.172.65.1 -t
And you will see your current ping to the EU west server.

and for Revenant, Shut down your anything that may take internet, ex Steam skype etc. can help to lower your ping ingame.

kwoxer

24-01-2014

External tools like the LoL Ping Checker can do this for you. A smart and useful tool. Takes less place than the usual Windows console and gives much more information. Often it's not a single LoL server that is lagging. It's often your own connection (e.g. downloading something). But you are also able to ping NA/EUW/EUNE at least if you wish to.

naritobilly

2 Weeks Ago

Um I don't think these programs are efficient for determining league ping, because I get average 18ms on EUW, these programs say I get 325ms which isn't right. Okay that's weird I'm doing NA ping and it's actually accurate so something must be weird with EUW because I swear that it's incorrect for the ping it's giving me. .-.

NidaleeQueen

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reventón View Post
With this ping 95.172.65.1 -t I got 40ms in average, and with Ping 64.7.194.1 -t I got 180ms in average ( already too much ), but in game I got from 700 to 1300ms .. And with speedtest I got 40ms too ..
So how do I get this so high ping in game ?
You may not be requestion the right server , depends what server you're on to see which ip you test // i think at least //

Dragon Ball

1 Week Ago

windows key+r > type "Cmd" and press enter > type "ping riot.de -t"

its excactly my ping as in game on EUW

Devil Shall Cry

1 Week Ago

just wanted to confirm...is this address 162.249.72.105 is it related to riot or.....

because every game i join after 10 min of gameplay the server changes to this....and well...its all packets loss....