Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Bug][Minor] Wukong still known as Monkeyking in a custom game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RT Fan Donutdude

05-28-2013

As the title says, Wukong is shown as Monkeyking in the attached screenshot.

Here's a post I found from Xelnath about this taken from the NA forum, dated 2/2/13:

"For those curious, we changed how pieces of the chat client parses the text before it gets displayed to you. Specifically, we run the champion name through a localizer to make sure the correct name for that language is displayed.

There was an error in this patch which displays the data package/folder name, instead of the champion's name. We've tracked down this error and already have a fix for the next PBE patch.

That said, Wukong will always be my MonkeyKing."

Thought I'd report it, though personally I kind of like it as an easter egg.

NA thread source: Wukong's name showing up as MonkeyKing instead of Wukong??? (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=34226805#34226805)

Naming error with Wukong.JPG