Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nashor`s tooth synergy with AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deputatu

05-21-2013

Ok so i know that nashor tooth build have their drawbacks, mainly because it promotes a glass cannon build but i had some fun today with an ap yi build on SR. And i managed to get the following stats( too bad my print screen didn`t work):

365 AD
+140 magic damage on hit from nashors
808 ap

Now seeing as i had a 2.3 atk speed in ult hitting for 500 a pop it made me think that maybe in some combinations the new nashor would be a wee bit too much. I`m thinking specifically of teemu, diana, kassa.

Ow btw solo nashor with ap yi, no probs.

What are your thoughts on it?

Knight Devout

05-21-2013

that , as for ap carry, if they don't shot you down it's the enemy fault.
At least diana and kassa can't crit :P

Markus Vakarian

05-21-2013

is it good for Fizz and Elise?

Neverworld

05-21-2013

Elise yes, Fizz no.
Fizz only needs to inflict his DoT.

Elise will gather with attack speed more with her Spider-Form W, to increase her heal rate by hit...
I loved to play Elise with Malady, it's the best for her Spider-Form W.

Markus Vakarian

05-21-2013

Fizz wuold apply damage on hit with Q and CDR and AS could make him more fighter than assassin...his base AS grows very good with levels

Neverworld

05-21-2013

Quote:
Markus Vakarian:
Fizz wuold apply damage on hit with Q and CDR and AS could make him more fighter than assassin...his base AS grows very good with levels

Why you ask if you dont accept other opinions?

Fizz is a Nuker. He needs a lot of AP to inflict damage.
If he gets AS and additional damage by autohit, then he would stay at the enemy champ and just keep auto attacking.

But this cant work, since he's a AP Nuker and not a tanky champ who gets health by auto attack. The only thing why Fizz uses his W, is because by activating W, it will inflict a Debuff on enemy units, reducing heal and healthregeneration by 50%.

deputatu

05-21-2013

Quote:
Arkblue:
that , as for ap carry, if they don't shot you down it's the enemy fault.
At least diana and kassa can't crit :P

I wasn`t critting either cus i had 0 crit rate but the AA dmg alone was more than enough in case my alpha+AA+Lichbane didn`t 1shot.

And yeah they had a bad team.

Knight Devout

05-22-2013

Quote:
deputatu:
I wasn`t critting either cus i had 0 crit rate but the AA dmg alone was more than enough in case my alpha+AA+Lichbane didn`t 1shot.

And yeah they had a bad team.

See?
Nashor tooth don't give you ANY survivability as AP carry, and his AP has been lowered, thus nerfing further Diana shield synergy with the item.
If you build Nashor Tooth, Lich Bane, Rabbadon , and survive for 3 autoattacks near the enemy, well, they are kinda messing up their focus priority, I think.

Yawgmoth666

06-02-2013

any ap caster with on hit effects will tell u nashors tooth op

that means teemo, fizz, elise, kayle,orianna, eventually kassa, jax, rumble, kog and yi

u r talking that nashors has too less ap but most ap items have 80 or less ap and nashors has 60 ap (from 65) so u lose 20 ap in compare to other ap items but u gain over 120 dmg on hit as passive we dont talk about the as and the cdr yet
most skillsets of casters consist of 3 dmg+1survive skill so even if u assume a scaling of 1,0 ap (most ratios r about 0,5 lets be true here) to dmg u only have 60 less dmg from ap-ration but win over 120 dmg from the passive alone

also u say less surviveability ... but less cd, more as, more dmg over all r hlping u killing ur opponent faster which means u have less chane of getting dmged which actually INCREASES ur chance of surviving also there r a lot skillsets consisting of cc-skills which r faste rrdy again with cdr...

Birdie G

06-02-2013

Quote:
deputatu:
too bad my print screen didn`t work

Play in Windowed/Borderless mode and it will work ;3