Evelynn Jungle, Elder Lizard

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sonnington

Junior Member

20-05-2013

Spirit Stone>Boots>Spirit of Elder Lizard, then you Evelynn junglers think you're invincible...

I've noticed this weird trend where Evelynn is seeing a lot more play. It seems to be solely on the fact Elder Lizard is in such a good place at the moment. I don't understand...

I main Evelynn jungle, lets get this straight, Evelynn's good because her hatespike goes 550 units, as far as a ranged autoattack, and she can use it while he moves. You do by far an away most of your damage that way.

Instead of buying a Spirit of Elder Lizard, you could instead just get a giant's belt and a flask and start building towards a Rylai's which will actually help you secure kills and lock down the enemy team. Since you're ganking from top to bot lanes, you'll need to be sure you can win these fights, and since Eve has very low base hp, building hp and having a flask is way more useful than extra true damage and AD. Unless you expect people to 1v1 duel you and you won't get cced the moment you hit e to proc the elder lizard true damage with your attack speed boost, there's no reason I can see why elder lizard is better than a giant's belt and flask on Evelynn.

Evelynn is an initiator now, right? So build her that way, Rylai's>Haunting Guise(eventually into liandries no rush, just need guise for mpen and hp)>Armgaurd/Negatron cloak>Hourglass/Abyssal Sceptor>selling the spirit stone for a good item like a GA, Warmogs, Runic Bulwark if the team doesn't have one, Rabadon, etc. Even Ancient Golem would be better than Elder Lizard for late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sonnington

Junior Member

20-05-2013

No one plays Evelynn jungle?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Musicsniper

Senior Member

20-05-2013

Derp Many Pro players Play eve Jungle And many Wannabe's ^^ Just a few guys truly know what they are doing Building AD is derp ^^ Thats as good as AD Yi jungle ^^
Eves Strength is her Q and her Stealth Elder Lizard is no good ^^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genjas Monobrow

Senior Member

20-05-2013

I wouldn't say shes an "initaitor" just because of her ultimate, it just makes her ultimate less op burst in teamfights the way they changed it.

Shes still an assassin, you can still goo full glass cannon, dominate early game then hang around like a vulture during teamfights waiting for the right time to go instagib the enemy adc


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sonnington

Junior Member

20-05-2013

You see it at all skill levels. The standard jungle Evelynn build is right now is rushing Elder Lizard then going into a stardard ap build. It doesn't make sense to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sonnington

Junior Member

20-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imposed View Post
I wouldn't say shes an "initaitor" just because of her ultimate, it just makes her ultimate less op burst in teamfights the way they changed it.

Shes still an assassin, you can still goo full glass cannon, dominate early game then hang around like a vulture during teamfights waiting for the right time to go instagib the enemy adc
I'm more talking about jungle Evelynn, and why so many people are using Elder Lizard. But after the nerf I'd say she doesn't do the job of a burst mage as well as she once had and there are other mids that do the job far better. But you're right, it's possible.

But as the role of a jungler, you're not expected to build glass cannon. And I find if I build tanky ap initiator, I'll have done more damage in the end than if I went glass cannon and I scale better into late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProjecL

Senior Member

20-05-2013

each Q will do Elder Lizard eff so it's a bit op on Eve who can just spam it every second. i play Eve jungle all the time cause laning Eve kinda has useless passive


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sonnington

Junior Member

20-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjecL View Post
each Q will do Elder Lizard eff so it's a bit op on Eve who can just spam it every second. i play Eve jungle all the time cause laning Eve kinda has useless passive
Considering the people I've watched who rush Elder Lizard don't seem to be ganking spectacularly, I don't see how it's op. Pls explain or show me a replay. I don't see how it does anything but slow your down from your ultimate build.

Giants belt and flask is way stronger than Elder Lizard. Elder lizard doesn't help in a team fight, doesn't give you cc to secure kills, and might jelp you duel just a little with your E. But even so, I wouldn't build it to duel with my E. Don't duel with Evelynn!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sonnington

Junior Member

20-05-2013

Anyone else have any theories behind this Evelynn/Elder Lizard trend?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InSidious619

Senior Member

20-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnington View Post
Spirit Stone>Boots>Spirit of Elder Lizard, then you Evelynn junglers think you're invincible...

I've noticed this weird trend where Evelynn is seeing a lot more play. It seems to be solely on the fact Elder Lizard is in such a good place at the moment. I don't understand...

I main Evelynn jungle, lets get this straight, Evelynn's good because her hatespike goes 550 units, as far as a ranged autoattack, and she can use it while he moves. You do by far an away most of your damage that way.

Instead of buying a Spirit of Elder Lizard, you could instead just get a giant's belt and a flask and start building towards a Rylai's which will actually help you secure kills and lock down the enemy team. Since you're ganking from top to bot lanes, you'll need to be sure you can win these fights, and since Eve has very low base hp, building hp and having a flask is way more useful than extra true damage and AD. Unless you expect people to 1v1 duel you and you won't get cced the moment you hit e to proc the elder lizard true damage with your attack speed boost, there's no reason I can see why elder lizard is better than a giant's belt and flask on Evelynn.

Evelynn is an initiator now, right? So build her that way, Rylai's>Haunting Guise(eventually into liandries no rush, just need guise for mpen and hp)>Armgaurd/Negatron cloak>Hourglass/Abyssal Sceptor>selling the spirit stone for a good item like a GA, Warmogs, Runic Bulwark if the team doesn't have one, Rabadon, etc. Even Ancient Golem would be better than Elder Lizard for late game.
Nk Inc uses SoEL, does that make him bad?


12