Update failed. Unspecified error occurred.< ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valmount

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-02-2011

So, sup' Riot? What's with this? Once the patcher finished step 2 and started with step 3 I get an adobe air error stating that the update has failed, unspecified error occurred and that I should check the logs for more information. If I press continue, it the patcher continues to run, but won't finish step 3. Any ideas how to fix this? Any response from Riot concerning this matter? I saw a few others having the same problem under bug reports but noone's actually commented on fixing these, so here I am, in the general forums.

Any help would be appreciated.

Toddzy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-02-2011

Had the same, it seems to be an issue related to the new beta patcher. I personally didnt have the patience to try and work around it, so i just re-installed the game instead. Lifes a... pain..

Valmount

18-02-2011

I had a feeling it had something to do with it. God this is so lame. Another 2h wasted on uninstalling, downloading, reinstalling, patching. Oh well, thank you for the reply.

nakami

Recruiter

18-02-2011

I hate it, because i got custom skins installed.. -.-

Ex Vi

18-02-2011

Jesus >.<

When do they finally make a normal patcher.
I mean, LoL is the only game I play online that fails at auto patching this worse.
Is it so hard to make it work ?

Bloodvampire

18-02-2011

i have the same problem please make it work again or a converter to old patcher

Endlessly

Senior Recruiter

18-02-2011

Dont put stuff in your folders (mostly custom skins)

M2ax

18-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurrealDawn View Post
Dont put stuff in your folders (mostly custom skins)
had no custom skins or whatsoever, just standard client, still the update fails for me

LauLogisch

18-02-2011

right click on the install folder and set read only off.

Vertices

20-02-2011

Unchecking LoL installation directory's read only attribute actually worked for me