Do you think Malzahar's ultimate should be nerfed?

Yes 31 24.03%
No 98 75.97%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Malzahar's ulti is overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rabcor

18-02-2011

1. Its range compared to the immense damage and duration is way too long, at level 6 he can kill any squishy just by using W and R. if he doesn't completely die all it takes is an E. (my memory could be failing me but i think his range was real short when he was released)

2. its duration is way too long, the only people that can survive being disabled for this long (unless malzahar would be alone) are the toughest of tanks, like cho gath or mundo using his ultimate for the duration of the stun, etc,

3. its damage is way too much and i've seen his ultimate alone kill people from 100% health!

4. compare it to warwicks ultimate, exact same ****, pretty much same range, warwicks ultimate doesn't hurt for ****, a simple exhaust on him and it wont hurt at all. also his ulti forces him to jump to the target which could possibly be in the middle of a crowd and get himself killed while malzahar can ult from a safe place and kill anyone who has no MR or extra helath.

Hemming

18-02-2011

Theres no way that his ultimate can kill people at 100% health, in lvl one it does like 250, he would have to be lvl 18 for maximum damage all hereos have over 2000 health in lvl 18 and plus in resistance, so his ultimate have to do about 3000 total damage to kill someone. (which no skill will ever do.)

Hes also extremely vulnerable when he uses his ultimate just like Katarina is. I agree that 1v1 when he hits lvl 6 then you are basicly dead if he manages to pull off his super duper easy 1-2-3 combo.

Tyriaz

18-02-2011

In a team fight his ulti stuns him too. Focus him and grab some MR and you'll be fine. Get some CC to shut him down during his ulti if it really annoys you but thats about it.

ZHYOmad

18-02-2011

Quicksilver Sash, ulti gone. Next.

TopHatCat

18-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabcor View Post
1. Its range compared to the immense damage and duration is way too long, at level 6 he can kill any squishy just by using W and R. if he doesn't completely die all it takes is an E. (my memory could be failing me but i think his range was real short when he was released)
Whilst, 1v1 it is one of the strongest Ultimate's, in any team fights it's basically a self-stun, leaving him open to easy ganks and considering he is a MASSIVE glass cannon he'll quickly die. The Ultimate can also be Interrupted (Silence, Stun, Knock-Up, Knock-Back etc), aswell as Cleansed with a QSS (so easily countered).
The range isn't so huge, just the normal range of most spells :P But anyway, as said above, he can't kill anyone with just W + R, the math says otherwise.. unless there is a level difference etc.
but I digress, I'm not gonna get caught up on the details ^^ (Don't wanna sound like a fanatic, just pointing out things and letting you decide for yourself).

Quote:
2. its duration is way too long, the only people that can survive being disabled for this long (unless malzahar would be alone) are the toughest of tanks, like cho gath or mundo using his ultimate for the duration of the stun, etc,
The duration is long, it's a nice disable on enemy carries in team fights.. but any good team would instantly kill that Malz in about 3 hits, as I described above. It's a 1v1 Ulti. Plus again it can be countered.

Quote:
3. its damage is way too much and i've seen his ultimate alone kill people from 100% health!
This isn't really a 3rd point as you said the same in your first one.. but anyway, unless there is a huge level difference, he has been FED lots (and has lots of items).. That's poppycock good chap.

Quote:
4. compare it to warwicks ultimate, exact same ****, pretty much same range, warwicks ultimate doesn't hurt for ****, a simple exhaust on him and it wont hurt at all. also his ulti forces him to jump to the target which could possibly be in the middle of a crowd and get himself killed while malzahar can ult from a safe place and kill anyone who has no MR or extra helath.
Warwicks ability applies On-Hit effects, aswell as healing WW for a large amount. Not to mention it's damage is applied over 1.7seconds.. Not 2.5seconds, allowing him chance to escape unlike Malz who just... sits there, as a big floating glowing target.
Stick a Madreds on WW and that's suddenly 20% hp gone right there, before any damage, then you have other items like Black Cleaver and all other tasty stuff.

However I do agree on you that WW's Ulti (as stated many times before) is abit.. pants.

Quote:
and kill anyone who has no MR or extra helath.
...Why the hell wouldn't you not have MR when facing Malz (and probably other champions). If you don't take any Armour or MR then sorry but you deserve to die =/

f3rret

18-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemming View Post
Theres no way that his ultimate can kill people at 100% health, in lvl one it does like 250, he would have to be lvl 18 for maximum damage all hereos have over 2000 health in lvl 18 and plus in resistance, so his ultimate have to do about 3000 total damage to kill someone. (which no skill will ever do.)

Hes also extremely vulnerable when he uses his ultimate just like Katarina is. I agree that 1v1 when he hits lvl 6 then you are basicly dead if he manages to pull off his super duper easy 1-2-3 combo.
The part about Malz' ulti not being able to kill anyone from 100% is true.

The part about no skill doing 3k damage, however, is false. It is entirely possible to get Nunu and Cho'Gath's ultis to reach those numbers, in bot games. There was a post on the forum a while back where someone had bought 8 Zhonya's Rings on Nunu, his ulti did 3600 damage from the AP alone, can't remember the exact number, but it was stupifyingly high.

Quackv2

18-02-2011

Man you don't get how malz works. He will annihilate you 1v1, but if he tries Nether Graps in a teamfight and your team is competent, someone will interrupt him quick with stuns, knockups e.g., and ruin his complete nuke combo, throwing 300g on the floor for your carry.

For him to get a kill from full hp with only Nether Grasp must've taken atleast 800 AP. That's overfed to a stupid level.

TheLiberation

18-02-2011

I play Malzahar a lot myself, but I think the ulti could use a longer cooldown. It's fine as it is, but the cooldown is just a bit too short, as it's very powerful.

Gaofighgar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemming View Post

Hi Twitch.

Garlix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLiberation View Post
I play Malzahar a lot myself, but I think the ulti could use a longer cooldown. It's fine as it is, but the cooldown is just a bit too short, as it's very powerful.
O rly? 120 second coldown with lvl 1