why i get low League Points and my Queue partner gets high points in same game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xk001

12-05-2013

why i get low League Points and my Queue partner gets high points in same game?

i went with my brother on a Ranked Duo Queue. we win.
he gets 14 League Points i get 4 League Points.

(edit: we both recently joined bronze IV )

#WTF?
could someone explain this? or is this a bug?

xk001

12-05-2013

i just made a solo Queue in Bronze IV and i still only get 4 points.. here is screenshot. RIOT what is happening? everybody gets +10 points why i get 4 or 5 per game? my ELO is not the best because i had to learn how to level up Ranked solo queueing, but now that i can rise in league i get so few points... http://i.imgur.com/HpBF473.jpg

xk001

12-05-2013

i had 14 or 16 points... i loose 1 match ranked Bronze IV and i lost 16 points... i win next match and i win 5 LP's http://i.imgur.com/itO9LM9.jpg - OMG!!!! why is this happening - i have a new graphics card... now i can play decently but RIOT system is not letting me go up in rank.

Edit: my friends receive 10-20 LP's each match in bronze 4

------ plz some help me understand why does this happen?

GUI

12-05-2013

Your MMR is too low.

D3j4Vu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUI View Post
Your MMR is too low.
This.

TroII

12-05-2013

Most of your LP goes to Riot as Tax. The lower rank you are the higher the tax is. And if you are in bronze League you will need to pay ~70% LP taxes to Riot.

With other Words, you get 70% less than what you earn.

xk001

12-05-2013

so i will have to keep winning to raise my mmr? :S

RIOT does not let me leave elo hell :\ i will just keep playing and wining untill my mmr goes up :\

thanks everyone

Zharpeye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2013

Hey!

You should take your time reading this article about League Ranked System
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...Q-Ranked-Play-

I can quote some that might be important to know ^^

What determines how many League Points I gain from winning a match?
There are numerous factors, but these are the two major ones:

* The difficulty of the match: if matchmaking considered your opponents to be favored, you’ll gain more League Points than normal if you pull off the upset. The opposite is also true.

* The relative MMRs of the other players in your game: if the other competitors are generally higher in the standings than you, you’ll gain more LP (and lose less from a loss), so that you’ll generally trend upwards even with a 50/50 record.

Duo-queuing, and statistics such as your KDA ratio, do not affect your League Point gain. Since your MMR determines the number of League Points you’re awarded from a game, players who intentionally tank their ratings after reaching a new tier will find they progress toward the next division VERY slowly. Essentially, they’ll have to make back the MMR points that they intentionally dumped in order to make meaningful progress toward the next tier or division. There's a lot of complicated logic on the back end to prevent this sort of abuse, so it’s always more effective to play legitimately.

I reached Divison 1 of my league, and I am not earning as many League Points as before. Why is this?
When you enter a ranked game, you are matched with teammates and opponents based on your matchmaking rating (what used to be called Elo). It is expected that your matchmaking rating is about equal to other players in your League. If for some reason your matchmaking rating is below what is expected in your League, you will see League Point gains come much more slowly as you approach your Division 1 Series. Because League placement is now permanent, we have designed the system to ensure that a player’s matchmaking rating is high enough to ensure that you can consistently play at the level of the next tier. As long as you continue to win more than you lose, your League Point gain will even out and you’ll reach the Promotion Series.

It is possible to earn 0 League Points if your MMR is too low to qualify for the next tier.

xk001

12-05-2013

"players who intentionally tank their ratings after reaching a new tier will find they progress toward the next division VERY slowly"

what does this mean? intentionally tank ratings?

Zharpeye

12-05-2013

Quote:
players who intentionally tank their ratings after reaching a new tier will find they progress toward the next division VERY slowly. Essentially, they’ll have to make back the MMR points that they intentionally dumped in order to make meaningful progress toward the next tier or division
Well you should read the whole sentence and you would understand ^^

Well i think they are refereing to people who just reached another tier, For example Bob just reached gold 5 and is now playing less serious and tank his MMR down. Which actually means that you lose more games than winning after you reached a new tier. Then your MMR drops and you will gain less LP.

I think they meant something like that ^^