Should free champions have all skin unlocked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pajausk

09-05-2013

It would be a great time to check skins in the game, how they look, player likes it or not. I think there are a lot of people who were baited to buy a skin because of awesome splash art, but champion looked not so good as he thought in the game.

Danzo Dattori

09-05-2013

Riot is all about CURRENCY OVER CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, so this would not happen.

Poro On Steroids

Senior Recruiter

09-05-2013

You can just watch video's on youtube to see them in in game....

Graablarbl

09-05-2013

Give us a free legendary skin every week while you're at it.
No.

Poro On Steroids

Senior Recruiter

09-05-2013

You can just watch a video on youtube if you want to know how they look in game.....

ShadowSnipe

09-05-2013

riot lives on impulsive spending
people who see something they like and immidiatly buy it
they need some form of income and living on these uneducated customers and impulse buyers is very good for them
if you bought something you thought you liked but it turned out to be sht, its your fault for not informing yourself more about the product

Mastfish

09-05-2013

Actually this sounds like a good idea. It's the sort of marketing trick that would be fairly successful as it plays on the psychology of a mortal human.

As the original posters says, it would be good to check out how in-game skins look, which is handy and won't necessarily lose a sale, just transfer that to something else "I want to buy the French maid Nidalee skin. Oh, I hate it in game so I'll buy white Sona cleavage load screen skin instead"

It would also be a good way to check out skins on characters you own when they come up free, again increasing the chance of a sale.

As a side benefit that won't get factored into the weekly sales targets directly (I know you have those meetings Riot. You employ marketing guys so you need marketing managers so you have those meetings), it makes the player feel like he's being helped out and more likely to spend a little money in the future. If you buy a skin and it's **** you may feel less likely to buy another one in the future (I can hear the Riot marketing managers spluttering at this revelation and wondering how it has affected their bonuses in the past)

And as someone said above, you can check it out on youtube, but that's not the same as seeing it on your screen and finding out that because janna is now clothed in hextech rather than bikini normal you lose sight of yourself and end up in the middle of every teamfight.

Padsoldier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastfish View Post
Actually this sounds like a good idea.
^This. When I first saw I was like "omg that's dumb" but after thinking a few seconds, I see how good this might be. If you can check every skin when the champion is free, you might easily become interested in them and buy them, and otherwise you wouldn't.

AGENT S1

09-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzo Dattori View Post
Riot is all about CURRENCY OVER CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, so this would not happen.
There is no currency without customer satisfaction. You can't make a milkshake without milk.

Anyway, people who buy skins would be very unhappy to see people simply wearing them for free.

Dr Poro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-05-2013

people who have skins wouldn't like it if their favourite champion with the skin they oh so value is getting free... Currently that's the only thing that splits free week players from people playing their own champs who are coincidentally free.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those. I've never bought any skin and I couldn't be bothered. If you want to check skins then go http://www.lolking.net/models