Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An ancient mystery in Runeterra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Explorer Ezreal

The Prodigal Explorer

05-08-2013

Hey, everyone. Ezreal here.

Normally, I wouldn't ask for help. I've come across a lot of interesting relics in my travels, but never anything like these.

I've gathered everything on my desk for all of you to take a look. The important thing is that these relics were found all over Runeterra, and they date from different and completely unconnected eras. The thing is… they all share one similarity: they show a dark figure, clearly inhuman, wielding a jagged blade.

This is a mystery I'm not sure I want solved. From what I can gather so far, this dark figure has been at the center of many bloody conflicts and tales of war.

What do you think? Who is this figure, and what role has he played in Runeterra's history?

Oh, and if you really want to hear some of the stories about these things… I'll tell them, but some of them aren't pretty.

iKondemn

05-08-2013

Tell me Ezreal!

Probably the new ultimate skin tbh.

Khodan

05-08-2013

Awesome.

Yaarech

05-08-2013

Probably thing from Tryndamere's lore? Or is that just me?

Ditmer

05-08-2013

Kinda looks like a Vampire Lord of some sort. :3 Need more info sir. Ezreal!

Zaldrohir

05-08-2013

Interesting picture in the bottom left.

DarkAngelAzazel

05-08-2013

Sweet i love it when sneak previews are given in a creative way )

Knight Devout

05-08-2013

Could be a new champion rising from the Shadow Isles?
The altars speak often of foul things, and some pieces of the story are still missing. (why is the west altar warning Hecarim about Mordekaiser?!).
Anyway, if it's a winged being with a blade that we are talking about, it's not us that you should seek, but the Judicator.
But, if you feel bold, I think the fallen angel could be more... in touch...with a similar being.

Knight Devout

05-08-2013

Quote:
Zaldrohir:
Interesting picture in the bottom left.

I'm pretty sure Ez and Lux are seeing each other

Cerebos

05-08-2013

Ah, I believe you to be right Yaarech. The jagged, perhaps living, sword strengthens your theory.
This dark being might be one of the few remaining Watchers? He does, from the scriptures provided, resemble a gargoyle (such as Galio) which are known to be guardians or "watchers".
Truly a fitting nemesis for the Barbarian King.

Also, just noticed the figure resembling a summoner in the lower picture. Has somebody made a deal they shouldn't have...?