Season 4 less stale meta and more diverse itemization?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyLĂ­ttlePowny

05-05-2013

So i read a topic on the Na forums about things Dota players disliked about league of legends. With some i agreed and with some i disagreed. The two i agreed most with is the stale meta and itemization. In every game you usually build the same thing, as an ap caster you build hourglass, deathcap and voidstuff. There won't be much of a change the next game, and every lane is a mirror lane. Adc vs adc, bruiser vs bruiser, ap-carry vs ap-carry. As a result, the team that has an advantage snowballs hard because they will get the SAME items earlier. There is almost no way to counter that.

Can't riot come up with something to change this staleness in s4?

Wizzelteats

05-05-2013

So not true. In pro games, you see lane swaps all the time and you can see assasins vs AP's mid. Unlike S2, people are not just stacking HP anymore but itemizing differently.

LessTalkMorePlay

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlic View Post
So not true. In pro games, you see lane swaps all the time and you can see assasins vs AP's mid.Unlike S2, people are not just stacking HP anymore but itemizing differently.
That was at beginning of S3 not S2 becasue it was only counter to penetration changes at S3 now we have boosted botrk and u can counter every def item. At S2 armor and mr was supperrior ofc u needed lil bit of health aswell.

Suna Ye Sunnabe

05-05-2013

Before you ask for more varied metas, remember what happens in Dota: your team doesn't talk, and you end up having to solo vs 3 enemies with faceless void. So then you can't farm and you get laughed at for 50 minutes and reported into low priority queue.

Yes, much better.

Octavia

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
Before you ask for more varied metas, remember what happens in Dota: your team doesn't talk, and you end up having to solo vs 3 enemies with faceless void. So then you can't farm and you get laughed at for 50 minutes and reported into low priority queue.

Yes, much better.
Don't forget that the entire game is auto attacks xD

Vantia

05-05-2013

There is just as many problems with Dota as there is with LoL.

I HATE the fact that lots champions use all their mana to do one rotation, and in essence, every spell is OP. To me, running around auto attacking for 10 minutes then crushing a tf because one spell uses all my mana but one shots the entire enemy team is ****ing boring.

Suna Ye Sunnabe

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riovedrag View Post
Don't forget that the entire game is auto attacks xD
And stuns. Don't forget the stuns.

Ishtar X

05-05-2013

What season 4 need to make the game interesting again:

- Hard Reset of every Rating, Elo, hidden indentificator for account, in few word every player should have same right/duty for reach top tier.

- Troll, Afk Buster . People who reach X report in a game will lose Rating / LP , who reach XX report overtime will be demoted to previews tier, who reach XX report will be demoted by 1 league.

- Role Queue, People will chose which role they wanted they can select more than 1 role if they want faster queue.

-Punishment for who feed too much and who ruin games.

-Random moderator spectate, a designed group of person that some times spectate the game of player that have been reported for ruin-feed-afk etc. they will ban give penality to that player.
Like this people will be scared to ruin game, becasue they don't know if the moderator is watching his game.

-Better team balance, no win/lose "Force" , no team stack , chance to queue without any premade in team.

Suna Ye Sunnabe

05-05-2013

^ Punishment after X reports in one game is problematic because Dota 2 currently has this and people just mass report others for the lulz.

Agreed on role queue though, Riot needs to admit the meta is set in stone for 98% of the community already.

oiml

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtar X View Post

- Hard Reset of every Rating, Elo, hidden indentificator for account, in few word every player should have same right/duty for reach top tier.
Hard Reset brings a lot of problems, e.g. people with very different skill getting matched against each other.

Quote:
- Troll, Afk Buster . People who reach X report in a game will lose Rating / LP , who reach XX report overtime will be demoted to previews tier, who reach XX report will be demoted by 1 league.
No. Demotions for reports are super dumb, and just leads to mass reporting of people just for the lulz.

Quote:
- Role Queue, People will chose which role they wanted they can select more than 1 role if they want faster queue.
Faster queue ? You mean "queue for support unless you want to wait 2 hours" ? It is a bad bad BAD IDEA.

Quote:
-Punishment for who feed too much and who ruin games.
And who decides that ? You ? I have seen Diamond 1 games where one went 1-7-0. Ban him please because he fed too much ?

Quote:
-Random moderator spectate, a designed group of person that some times spectate the game of player that have been reported for ruin-feed-afk etc. they will ban give penality to that player, like this people will be scared to ruin game becasue they don't know if the moderator is watching his game.
That is the only idea I actually like. The moderators should also be able to see the chat of both teams and be able to report players accordingly.

Quote:
-Better team balance, no win/lose "Force" , no team stack , chance to queue without any premade in team.
Dunno why you don't want premades. When I queue with a dedicated supporter, i have something like 98 % winrate botlane. Most of the time you don't even know it's a premade...