Elo Boosting!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauermîlchgurke

05-05-2013

Hello Summoners,

a big problem in todays League of Legends is elo boosting. A lot of players in SilverV, GoldV and PlatinV stuck in their Division because they got boosted there. That makes advancing from one league in another league a horrible experience once you realized that feeders, trollers and "mid or afk" players hold you down and ruin your attidude in the fields of justice.

Even here in the forum are a lot or guys asking for a someone to boost their elo.
Why doesn't Riot do something about this?

We HAVE to do something against this. It's ruining the actual sence of Soloqueuing.
(and if you deserve to advance to another league, you can do it alone, if you're good)

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT?
Leave your opinion below!
TY

DarkAngelAzazel

05-05-2013

If you are a better player you should be able to win and just jump to the next division...

TaXoRo

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngelAzazel View Post
If you are a better player you should be able to win and just jump to the next division...
Truth.

But it's kinda annoying how the new system almost supports eloboosting. You get fixed rating which will give you free ss3 rewards, and you still get the posibility to play with people at your skill level after facing a few "high elo" players.

Sauermîlchgurke

05-05-2013

Thank your for your opinions TaXaRo and DarkAngelAzazel!

Dhamali

05-05-2013

Honestly, how the system works is, if the person who got boosted, just keeps losing his hidden MMR will fall really low, for example there was a plat V in my game when i was in silver 3, he wasn't premade with anyone else.

The way the rewards also go by is not how the Tier list is, for example if a Plat player has the hidden MMR of a gold player, he will not get the plat rewards, he will get the gold rewards.

Sutsurafuri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhamali View Post
Honestly, how the system works is, if the person who got boosted, just keeps losing his hidden MMR will fall really low, for example there was a plat V in my game when i was in silver 3, he wasn't premade with anyone else.

The way the rewards also go by is not how the Tier list is, for example if a Plat player has the hidden MMR of a gold player, he will not get the plat rewards, he will get the gold rewards.
The first part is correct, but where did they state that the rewards are given by MMR? i can hardly imagine this is true.

Sauermîlchgurke

06-05-2013

And what does Riot have to say about this? Is there any Riotler wanting to state?

SoIanacea

06-05-2013

Platinum League doesn't mean platinum MMR.
Those who get to a division V and didn't earn it will keep losing and drop in MMR.
If you deserve to be higher than your current tier your MMR will be higher than theirs.
Meaning you won't ever get matched with them.

The trolls, feeders and leavers you see are the ones with the same MMR as you.
Which does portray a whole other problem. It's not the "boosted" who ruin your games, it's the actual players who earned their place there.

Morde numero 1

06-05-2013

Not everyone who is stuck on division V of a tier has been ELO boosted. Actually you cant know if someone has been ELO boosted unless that person admits it.

Nonetheless i agree that the safe tier is an issue sometimes, especially on plat and diamond tiers, where some players just troll on purpose.

ˇ NeverObey ˇ

06-05-2013

just look at Athene, paid himself to get to diamond, now he get matched with silver + gold players due terribad MMR. GL hf.