Winning/Losing very little LP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LutariFan

04-05-2013

I'm in silver 1 and when I win I get about 5 LP. I thought this was because of ELO clamping making me win less LP and lose more. Then I realised that when I lose, I lose 5 LP too. Is it supposed to be like this, because even though I'm making progress it's going very slow :/

I'm at about 50 LP, so i'm not at the LP where the stories of winning 1 LP and losing 17 is...

SmokeUK2011

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LutariFan View Post
I'm in silver 1 and when I win I get about 5 LP. I thought this was because of ELO clamping making me win less LP and lose more. Then I realised that when I lose, I lose 5 LP too. Is it supposed to be like this, because even though I'm making progress it's going very slow :/

I'm at about 50 LP, so i'm not at the LP where the stories of winning 1 LP and losing 17 is...
If you gain/lose equal LP it means it believes you belong where you are, it is clamping. Keep winning more than loosing and you will start gaining more LP.

LutariFan

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeUK2011 View Post
If you gain/lose equal LP it means it believes you belong where you are, it is clamping. Keep winning more than loosing and you will start gaining more LP.
Ah, ok. I was just wondering because previously I was winning/losing 20 LP, but now only 5.