Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Winning/Losing very little LP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LutariFan

05-04-2013

I'm in silver 1 and when I win I get about 5 LP. I thought this was because of ELO clamping making me win less LP and lose more. Then I realised that when I lose, I lose 5 LP too. Is it supposed to be like this, because even though I'm making progress it's going very slow :/

I'm at about 50 LP, so i'm not at the LP where the stories of winning 1 LP and losing 17 is...

SmokeUK2011

05-04-2013

Quote:
LutariFan:
I'm in silver 1 and when I win I get about 5 LP. I thought this was because of ELO clamping making me win less LP and lose more. Then I realised that when I lose, I lose 5 LP too. Is it supposed to be like this, because even though I'm making progress it's going very slow :/

I'm at about 50 LP, so i'm not at the LP where the stories of winning 1 LP and losing 17 is...

If you gain/lose equal LP it means it believes you belong where you are, it is clamping. Keep winning more than loosing and you will start gaining more LP.

LutariFan

05-04-2013

Quote:
SmokeUK2011:
If you gain/lose equal LP it means it believes you belong where you are, it is clamping. Keep winning more than loosing and you will start gaining more LP.

Ah, ok. I was just wondering because previously I was winning/losing 20 LP, but now only 5.