Ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mythical Muffin

03-05-2013

Hi guys, im just wondering if you have any tips or good builds for Ahri.

PulsefireYoda

03-05-2013

Hmm... if you don't already do it, play with smart cast. Ahri is a great example that smart cast can be quite game changing for you. Builds always depend on the matchup but basically rylais is a must have, rabbadons, hourglass, sorc boots or if you want to roam a lot boots of mobility. Lich bane CAN be a nice choice, because it often gives you the last bit damage you need for a kill and it synergizes well with your ulti . Void Staff for lategame ultra damage action.

Try to get a feeling on when you can use your ultimate and when not. That is really important. You should also know the jump spots where you can hop over a wall. It can be a life saver or an easy kill, if you catch someone off guard.

And last but not least: She is heavily skill shot dependent, so learn to place her charm. A charmed enemy is often a dead enemy at the right place.

xPooksie

05-05-2013

As Ahri is my favourite champion I know how diverse you can play her, especially in season 3. I haven't favored her in ranked games because I like the AD assassins mid atm but she is still my 4th most played champion this season, with 3 supports being ahead as I play support for my 5v5 team.

Okey, on with the build.
This is where the real question is, how do you want to play her? An assassin or a standard AP carry?

Spam happy AP carry route: Sorc boots, Athene's as first item, Rabadons, Void staff, Hourglass, Rylai
Not so spam happy: sorc boots, Rabadons, Void staff, Hourglass, Abyssal Scepter depending on enemy team if not go GA or warmogs after Rylai and put Rylai here, Rylai/Warmog/GA

And probably what works best on her:
Assassin: sorc boots, rush DFG, Rabadons, Void Staff, Hourglass, Rylai

Ignore the above guy about Rylais being a must, it's far from the truth. And never build Lich Bane. You are an assassin right? They should blow up before you have the chance to auto attack.
Always pick alactricy enchantment if you want to roam, otherwise pick homeguard.

If you go for the assassin route, you should roam as soon as you can after you hit 6 to snowball the **** out of control.

PulsefireYoda

05-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryorp View Post
Ignore the above guy about Rylais being a must, it's far from the truth. And never build Lich Bane. You are an assassin right? They should blow up before you have the chance to auto attack.
Always pick alactricy enchantment if you want to roam, otherwise pick homeguard.
That is kind of rude of you, since Ahri was my first main champion as well. I know that Rylais is a VERY good item on Ahri. Everything you tell him is basically YOUR experience and I did so as well. So don't get at me with "ignore him"... You don't completely agree with me, that is fine, but that attitude sucks.

By the way, you should have seen Peke in the LCS a few days ago, he blew everyone up with Ahri, also with Lich Bane. It synergizes crazy with her ultimate, you cannot deny this. You will almost never face a team which you can assassinate with one combo and this is where Lich Bane shines.

Edit: What's even more funny is that you have Rylais in both of your builds...

xBlackknight

06-05-2013

Well, for lvl up skills you should go like: Q (lvl 1) - E (lvl 2) - W (lvl3)
And then max R - Q - W - E in that order.

For build I like to go:

Boots - 3 Health Pots (or 2 health pots and 1 mana pot) - Dorans Ring x2 - Haunted Guise - Upgrade boots - Upgrade Haunted Guise - Abyssal Scepter - Rabadons Cap - Hourglass - And a item of your choice, but I go Lich Bane.

Hope it'll work and good luck on the fields of justice!

Osturas

06-05-2013

Roam like a real boss.
Ward a lot, it's worth it. 2 wards protect you from ganks and often enough lead into a doublekill for you because your jungler came counterganking.