What are your views on lissandra?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jayeboyz

02-05-2013

Hey everyone. before i go any further i'd just like to say i'm only a bronze IV player, so i'm not sure how lissandra plays in the higher leagues.

Currently, i'm really enjoying playing lissandra. Her skillset is nice and her ulti is great, being able to use it both offencively and defencively. I love being able to pop my E away from me, run in, Q the enemy and hit E again, for some free poke, and the root on her W seems nice enough. Also, the ability to E through walls is great.

Build wise i'm having to build ap+heath, due to being squishy and having short range on Q.

all in all i think she's great, though will most likely be forced into a support role further down the line, due to all the slows within her skillset.

What do you all think? and could we get some tips and tricks you've all found on playing lissandra? Thanks!

TiresiasVII

02-05-2013

So far I don't think she's very viable as a mid laner unless you can close out the game early.

Her damage just falls off too hard late-game - other AP mids have better flat damage and AP ratios. And Lissandra's short ranges mean you can't afford to build her glass-cannon like you can with, say, Lux, which means even less damage.

I know Liss is supposed to be sacrificing damage for CC, but her CC really isn't that great either. Her ult locks down 1 target for 1.5 seconds and is an AoE slow...you could just put Leona in your team and have the same thing at a longer range with lower cooldown and the potential to stun multiple targets. The slow on her Q as far as I can tell only procs on direct hits, not from the splinters, making it hard to land due to the short range. Regardless it's not a very strong or long duration slow. Anivia, Lux, Morgana and many other AP mids all have way better skillshot CC. The Lissandra Q is good early game harass but thats about it.

The zero-cast time local AoE root is nice, but i would like more damage on it. The claw is a cool skill too, but it moves so slowly and gives away its destination to the enemy team, making it easy to dodge.

Overall I think she doesn't have the lategame damage to be an AP carry, and her CC fails to make up for it. You could play her support, going in with the claw and using ring of frost to root people, then have the slow from Q and root from R as backup CC...but why would you when you can just play Leona or Thresh - they have better CC and the their initiation is much harder to predict and dodge than the Lissandra claw.

Bitshcraenck

02-05-2013

well so one thing that is really nice on her is obviously mana
I would recommend buying tear as soon as possible, as you can spam your Q pretty much
and then get rod of ages, because it synergizes well with the archangels
after that you probably need rabadons and zhonyas
get morello somewhere down the line
with masteries, a blue pot and morello you will have about full CDR (40% if you are 9/0/21, 34% or something otherwise)
this way you can use your Q every 2.4 seconds
and you are a lot safer, with the cooldowns on w and E being pretty low
being able to be untargettable twice in a teamfight is awesome, and zhonyas is very strong overall right now, so it works most of the time
especially against all those ad casters.

dont forget to roam as mid laner
ganks can be extremely useful, and help your top and bot in snowballing
you can also go through warded paths with her E easily

Pot O Prawns

02-05-2013

shes amazing. the past 5 or so normal matches I've played shes been either mid or support and both times has been a heavy presence. she appears from now where in team fights, roots everyone disappears comes back from a different angle and roots again. breaks the team up, slows runners, shes SO hard to chase. and one of the lissandras we played against bursted me for 3000 damage in less than 2 seconds. shes not under powered at all. I've seen her carry 3/5 matches we played (2 were on my team luckily) the other 2 matchs she'd been out for only minutes and people were trying to use her with no practice at all. wasn't a pretty sight. still, shes sneaky, does enough damage and, CC wins matches .

InToDeep

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pot O Prawns View Post
shes amazing. the past 5 or so normal matches I've played shes been either mid or support and both times has been a heavy presence. she appears from now where in team fights, roots everyone disappears comes back from a different angle and roots again. breaks the team up, slows runners, shes SO hard to chase. and one of the lissandras we played against bursted me for 3000 damage in less than 2 seconds. shes not under powered at all. I've seen her carry 3/5 matches we played (2 were on my team luckily) the other 2 matchs she'd been out for only minutes and people were trying to use her with no practice at all. wasn't a pretty sight. still, shes sneaky, does enough damage and, CC wins matches .
Im guessing she will be played support.

Lissandra + MF..

The advantage over picking leona being the non skillshot 1.5 second hard lockdown on a target. en her potential to perma slow.