How to counter Master Yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gracus

28-06-2010

We pretty much lose when Master Yi is in a game (3 v 3 btw) He seems to be unkillable unless he slips up by himself (Which is rare) is there any sort of tips / strategies that can actually kill him?

Jaylin

28-06-2010

Thornmail

Gracus

28-06-2010

Just wondering also, when should I get the counter items for any hero's, at the beginning or mid / late game?

Pylat

28-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracus View Post
We pretty much lose when Master Yi is in a game (3 v 3 btw) He seems to be unkillable unless he slips up by himself (Which is rare) is there any sort of tips / strategies that can actually kill him?
Just kill him.

Stun/Fear/taunt/exhaust and then focus fire.
He will be dead in a second.

Also try wards so you don't get ambushed.

Dont bother with counter item like thornmail, unless you face a full physical team. You will be much better off just improving the strengths of your hero.

Fragz007

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-06-2010

Thornmail

Sephirotica

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-06-2010

Stun
Fear
Blind
Exaust

4 ways to counter him so hard he wont know what came to him. If you dont have any of those on your 3v3 team than you fail.

Archnezumi

29-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirotica View Post
Stun
Fear
Blind
Exaust

4 ways to counter him so hard he wont know what came to him. If you dont have any of those on your 3v3 team than you fail.
This is the correct answer.

"Hard CC" turns Yi into a smear on the floor. A little armor also goes a long way.

Things get a bit trickier when Yi has Merc + Cleanse, so don't relay on a single CC to put him out of action.

Aku nò Hana

29-06-2010

Thornmail, Stuns, Tank him. Focus Fire. Trap.

WandaRage

19-07-2010

I play Master Yi alot and i get alot of complaints from people ingames when i'm built because im pretty much unbeatable.

My advice to you all is this:

- Communicate between your team-mates if you see Yi, or where he's likely to be headed.

- Stuns, once he's used Ultimate stun him and Run... dont stop or try to kill him just Run, this will run out his Ultimate and he's much easier once its on cooldown.

- Thornmail is also a good one, but chances are a good Yi will have Lifesteal like Starks Fevor which has 20% Lifesteal, so your only reflecting 10% DMG which wont really help you much. [IF THEY DONT HAVE LIFESTEAL THEN GG]

- Taunts/Fears/Stuns are very annoying once you've buffed up your skills, once they are on cooldown the YI class is very weak.

- Keeping your distance, most noob Yi's will buff up their skills as soon as they see you, which gives you an advantage in that you will have time to escape to a tower or a nearby bush.

- Bushes, these are very good against Master Yi because it will stop our auto-attack and will mean Yi will have to keep click to move and target you.

------

Im by no means the best at this class however its the class i play best and its just my observations playing this class.

FootFetishFish

19-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracus View Post
Play any other champion then Yi...roll face on keyboard and YI is dead.

Ok but seriously. Yi is one of the easiest champion to counter imo and almost nomatter what champion i play i never consider him a threat.

Grantes yes i don't play TT only SR and can see him maybe being a little bit better on TT "IF" you let him do his thing...which is basicly farm. Aka don't let Yi jungle, ward up and try to get those ganks and easy kills on him whenever he tries to jungle.

Yi imo is nothing without item which he needs to farm for and so far i haven't meet a YI that could outlane me so don't predict that's what you are referring to. Maybe i just play the right heroes to have any easy time vs him or just haven't meet a good one yet, could be.

But overall don't let him farm and make him burn his ultimate on running away when you disable all the time and then about half the time you can catch him without his ult up and it's like free kill.