A way to change summoners name ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rotterdammer

28-06-2010

Hi guys

I would like to change my summoners name could that be done or not ??

(the nickname in the game)

PrincessKay

28-06-2010

Nope, sorry.

I think Riot may consider EXTREME cases, as most companies seem to do.

Bibidiboo

28-06-2010

Probably only if your name is racistic/insulting in any other way.
But since you're a rotterdammer and i'm from amsterdam, it should be changed imo..

Rotterdammer

28-06-2010

To bad there is no such thing :P

They should atleast give every acount 1x name change or something that you can do on the site

Rotterdam 4 eva ! <3

Archnezumi

28-06-2010

If your user name is in some way obscene, it will be changed by one of the moderators. Otherwise, your pretty much stuck.

Vaelorian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-06-2010

I think there should be an option (be it paid or free) to change your name.

I am a longterm WoW-er and it took Blizzard almost 2 years before they got that implemented, but they did it anyway. And made a lot of money from it. So it should be available imo.

As with these forum posts and troll/whiners, you cannot expect these plebs to have the maturity to have picked a correct name for themselves in one go. They should have the aid of the compagny to change it.

Something like Koalolololz or Failboatzorzx obvious fail.

Dark ShadowFire

29-06-2010

nah, it would allow all those ragekids and qq'ers to change their name and avoid the ignore lists
And also, at least I can already judge by the name what to expect from a solo queuer, and most importantly wether or not he's French!

Vaelorian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-06-2010

Well if you ignore someone in WoW your new name gets auto-ignored aswell. Unless you change faction/server.

While in WoW I tended not to play with people with retar-ded names (cause you could indeed expect a certain behaviour) this is not really an option in LoL since the dodge/queue times would probably take days to get into a game.

Swip

29-06-2010

i actually would like to have a name changing option even if you have to pay for it.

VEN?ETTA

24-01-2011

Yeah that would be mad even if it was a couple of hundred riot points, i know on Xbox Live heaps of people change their names and it cost like 16 dollars