Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Spotlight: Trundle, the Troll King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wär10ck

Recruiter

04-30-2013

Yes you can build trundle in the same way....He is basically the exact same champ with a change in lore and animation, he is still the good ol trundle we loved (and hated by some...)

OldSlaghand

04-30-2013

now that I played him, he's even worse than I thought.
His Q has become so unbelievably slow, so has his movement, I cannot believe Riot did that to Trundle. I won't play him ever again as long he is like this. Riot, give me my RP for him and his skin back, I simply cannot stand this champion any more.

The Horror. The Horror.

p.s. Did you see the New Nunu? Arrrkh! Who on earth has conquered Riot's Design centre? Stupid noobs get outta there!!

Soz Purefect

04-30-2013

cool

Sneak Dog

04-30-2013

Quote:
warlockll:
Yes you can build trundle in the same way....He is basically the exact same champ with a change in lore and animation, he is still the good ol trundle we loved (and hated by some...)

Not really, look at him, listen to him and read his lore. I feel like he has been replaced by a troll king who conveniently took his kit as well. I am not interested in lore of this new generic brute, I really feel like the lore department made a mistake here and now Im not interested in their Frelljord event as a result, which saddens me.

Zarffyn

05-01-2013

To have faced this new Trundle twice yesterday, now I can say it. It looks kinda like the same champion. But he's not. Basically same attacks and stuff, but he's a beast. Sorry, he's stupidly strong.
He could easily rape a lvl 6 Darius only at lvl 3 or 4 (almost).
The passive is a huge sustain, the attack and movement speed boost on the zone is absurd. Tower dive at lvl 6 with only a sword for damage item and destroyed the full health top lane Olaf and gets away the tower with 80%+ health... normal ?

I think it's good he got rework (only gameplaywise, char desing and lore are ****s), but this rework is too much xD I know who i'll ban now. I'd rather have a Diana or Malphite top than this troll under steroid...

Kalvix

05-03-2013

Quote:
Zarffyn:
To have faced this new Trundle twice yesterday, now I can say it. It looks kinda like the same champion. But he's not. Basically same attacks and stuff, but he's a beast. Sorry, he's stupidly strong.
He could easily rape a lvl 6 Darius only at lvl 3 or 4 (almost).
The passive is a huge sustain, the attack and movement speed boost on the zone is absurd. Tower dive at lvl 6 with only a sword for damage item and destroyed the full health top lane Olaf and gets away the tower with 80%+ health... normal ?

I think it's good he got rework (only gameplaywise, char desing and lore are ****s), but this rework is too much xD I know who i'll ban now. I'd rather have a Diana or Malphite top than this troll under steroid...

Sounds like you got a hacker, bite does pretty low damage to champs at level 3-4 unless you spend every point in it (even then its not amazing) and of course that means you have no slow or speed boost. A level 6 daruis has a TON more burst than trundle his ulti and pull is just insane.

The speed boost cost a LOT of mana on a long CD so can't be used often and you can just pay attention to where its place and run off it.

And huge sustain.. you realise his ulti is about 2hp a creep kill a early levels right?

As for this "tower dived a full hp olaf" by any chance was the olaf a afker who was level 1? if not its impossible for that to have happened unless he's a hacker, trust me I've tried some early tower dives with his ulti and it doesn't work, the tower does to much damage and the ulti doesn't heal enough to outheal it.

I will say his ulti could be a bit powerful but its very hard to tell right now as its bugged so half the time you cast it on people it doesn't go off, as such I've not had any games where its consistently worked every fight,usually as I said its about 50% of the time it works and its quite hard to tell if he's balanced when hes fighting with no ulti most of the time.

UpYourHead

05-03-2013

Are these champions who have a "Traditional skin" ( Trundle, Sejuani and Karma ) going to be getting a new skin like the other reworked champions?

DaBoss17

05-05-2013

they were right to upgrade his skills a bit.
but... THE LORE :´(
trundle had probably the best lore in the game, now he is just some brute with a club.